The Tri-monthly Pruning Of Inactive Members Thread!

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

I sent out multiple warnings to every member that has registered at Retromags that a mass pruning was coming.

Some of you decided to sign in .....others didnt!

700+ Members were pruned from the forums as of a few minutes ago.

The criteria was as follows

Less then 1 Post (means 0 posts)

AND!

Has not signed on within the past year (October 10th, 2006)

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, I figure at least 500 of those members were probably spam bots anyways.

Next Pruning will take place mid January 2008!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Retromags Curator

Well its been about 3 months since the last pruning, today was the scheduled date to prune inactive accounts

Anyone who had 0 posts and had not signed on to Retromags since 1-10-2007 got deleted today.

Easiest way to not get pruned is to make sure you have a post!

93 Members deleted......Next Pruning scheduled for April 10th 2008

• Retromags Curator
I keep thinking of doing this for another forum that I co-admin. The other admins and founder are never around anymore, so I'm reluctant to do it without consulting the others.

A while back we were getting hit hard by spam bots, I would say for about 8 months that each day 5-7 spam accounts were being created. I figure that if someone has no posts and hasn't been here in a year......well they probably aren't coming back....lol

Besides the number of registered members means nothing if 99.9% of them don't participate

Speak up people, I am not gonna bite you if you post :laughing:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Retromags Curator
I'm new to this, what do you mean by this Purning? I'm sorry if i'm disturbing but I never heard of such a thing.

Pruning = Deleting

Every 3 months, I run a program that looks for members that have no posts and have been inactive for 365 days, if they meet both of those requirements, I delete them from this website. You don't need to worry as you have posted, so even if you go inactive for 365 days, you still don't meet the 0 posts requirement :)

• Retromags Curator
To kick "members" out? lol. I don't think every 1 month this should happen but whatever I am nobody.

Not every month......Every 4 months :)

If you think about it, if you joined up to this site .......didn't make even 1 post.......and then haven't been here in 365 days......what are the chances that you are coming back ever?

The easiest way to avoid this is to just post 1 topic or reply :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...