Top 5 Most Memorable Video Game Songs

Alien7

• 2 months later...

Any of the Mario games are a sure bet and so is Zelda. Also, I don't think I will ever be able to get the Kid Icarus music out of my head. I just played a few rounds of Herzog Zwei the other day and was reminded of how much I enjoyed the music from that game, too. The intro in particular is great.

I have to agree that the original Final Fantasy soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu ranks among the best of classic music. With no disrespect meant to the fans of the later soundtracks (I myself adore FFIV (II) and FFVI (III) soundtracks), the original FF soundtrack laid the musical groundwork for much of what followed. You can pick up snippets of thematic material from this landmark game even in music composed years later. I have especial fondness for the Matoya theme, the Earth Shrine theme, the overworld music, and *of course* the arpeggio'd game theme that was endlessly reused in sequels. What a great soundtrack.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are just too many for me to pick a top 5 but definitely the Zelda, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy series have some of the best music to me. There is one track that has been in my head for awhile lately, anybody here with a Dreamcast and Soul Caliber should be able to remember the music in the museum mode. That was some really relaxing music plus the artwork was really good.

• 3 weeks later...

What? nobody mentioned the ending theme of Metal gear solid: The best is yet to come? :angry: What about Small two of pieces from xenogears? :huh: How can you EVER guys forget: Just like the wind of Castlevania SotN??? :o Popful Mail, the ending theme is catchy too and the lunar songs, all of them... :mellow:

Hmm...so much potentional. A lot of great songs in Castlevania, Final Fantasy V had the best soundtrack of all FF games, I can't just ignore Donkey Kong Country 2, the Crash Bandicoot franchise had a unique sound in their early games...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...