Men Get 20 Years For Robbing Gas Station With Nes Zapper

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

neszaprohs2.jpg

In Covington, Kentucky, two men were sentenced to 10 years in prison Monday for robbing a gas station with a “toy gun,” which has now been confirmed to be a Nintendo Entertainment System Zapper.

Back in May, Arthur Swain, 18, entered an Ameristop Food Mart around closing time and approached the counter. He then displayed a gun, the NES Zapper, to the clerk and made off with only about $100 in cash from the register, reported The Enquirer.

According to Assistant Kenton Commonwealth's Attorney Leanne Isler, Swain’s accomplice, Jeremy Goins, 20, acted as the lookout during the robbery.

Both Swain and Goins pleaded guilty to second degree robbery and received maximum sentences from Kenton Circuit Judge Greg Bartlett.

“Victims and police did not know the gun was a toy until after it was all over,” Isler said during the sentencing hearing Monday. “The defendants could have easily gotten themselves or innocent bystanders shot.”

Unfortunately, a photo of the Zapper used in the robbery was not provided at the time of this writing.

http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/news/0..._NES_Zapper.htm

Ok well I too was going to make a wise crack but it looks like I got beat to the punch on all levels. This is just horrid. I wonder if they used the orange or the gray zapper. Either say it looks totally fake, even the Sega Master System zapper would have looked more realistic.

Haha, classic.

JT would have a field day with this news.

But how did they rob that place, this is a ZAP up. We gonna shoot you down like duck hunt if you dont give me the money and a dog will come in to get you.

NOooo please dont mirror zap me.

• 3 weeks later...