Would You Want To Buy Magazines From Retromags?

Phillyman

Would You Buy Magazines From Retromags?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Please Pick 1 choice!

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Only if I got a discount for being a Premium Member!
    • Only if I got a free 1 month membership with the purchase!

• Retromags Curator

Just throwing this out there but......If Retromags offered to sell you magazines would you buy from this site?

Here is my idea....

Nintendo Power Issue 013

Condition = Good

Price $7 (Price includes 1 month Premium Membership)

Premium Members Price = $5.50

S&H = $2.00 (48 USA States Only)

Then anyone who wishes to buy this magazine contacts me, and the funds from that sale go towards buying other magazines. This way I dont get stuck with 500+ magazines at my small apartment. Obviously this would be for the magazines that I dont cut apart, But I usually have duplicates of magazines from the way I buy in bulk on ebay.

Let me know your thoughts!

-Phillyman

I'd say yeah if there were any really rare ones going (i.e:ep1 of nintendo power etc).. but to be honest, you'd be better off flogging those on ebay.

But the best course of action would probably be scanning and reprinting for mass sale. But you probably already had that in mind :)

Oh no, I was referring to EoghanH's idea

But the best course of action would probably be scanning and reprinting for mass sale. But you probably already had that in mind

I like the duplicate idea, and might buy some of them if i ever get around to buying a SNES/Genesis like I've been meaning to.

You know for certain magazines that I was looking for yeah I would totally buy from here. But at the same time you would get more viewers on ebay then you could also throw up the RetroMags logo to help get the site name out there kinda free advertising ;)

That's why retromags wont do anything newer than 5 years old. Yeah sure there could be legal problems but a magazine company wont care and if they do they will first send you a letter telling you to stop before taking legal action.

Doesn't matter when copyrights last for the duration of the author plus 70 years. Though yeah, would they notice? More than likely not. Hell it would be great to get this officially, but it's not going to happen.

Yeah I understand that but if your not doing an issue that came out say last week they really won't care I'm sure because what they want is the money for the magazine and showing off those great advertisements. Old advertisements wont get them any money and Retromags is not making money off of these old scans so it's really not going to hurt their business in any way. Heck there have been a few instances people that helped make the magazines have even contributed to retromags. 2 instances that I can think of anyway... well... ok 1 at least the other I have not confirmed so I don't know for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am new to RetroMags. I wanted to throw out there to ANYONE that can help me...

I am desperately searching for GamePro Magazine issues for 1990, June-through December and ANY/ALL for 1991. This is for a VERY very special gift and I am willing to pay the price!! Help!?

Thanks!