Something Funny I Read In Sega Visions

Thor

In the 2nd issue someone asked about an add on for the Genesis/Mega Drive that gives CD-ROM capabilities and of course they answered saying that it's totally untrue. But then in the 3rd issue someone asked about a 32bit attachment for the Genesis and they again shot it down immediately. I just found this kinda funny since both of which happened but this did not happen until several years later.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
In the 2nd issue someone asked about an add on for the Genesis/Mega Drive that gives CD-ROM capabilities and of course they answered saying that it's totally untrue. But then in the 3rd issue someone asked about a 32bit attachment for the Genesis and they again shot it down immediately. I just found this kinda funny since both of which happened but this did not happen until several years later.

That is pretty funny. It's also funny how, at the same time, there were rumors and even promises along those same lines from Nintendo which never played out. And who would have thunk that the future dominant console (PS1) would rise from the ashes of the SNES CD vaporware.

• 2 months later...

I wish the magazine had been right, Sega would've saved some money and respect :(

I wish the magazine had been right, Sega would've saved some money and respect :(

Hey, the segacd and the 32x have great games :P The world would be so sad without silpheed,dune,thunderhawk,Jurassic Park,Virtua Racing Deluxe.. and a few more... :P

Hey, the segacd and the 32x have great games :P The world would be so sad without silpheed,dune,thunderhawk,Jurassic Park,Virtua Racing Deluxe.. and a few more... :P

Very true:) Sega ultimately suffered, I think, from a lack of firm direction in that era, bolting on addons to the Genesis to keep prolonging it's life rather than moving in the direction of a completely new system; It produced some great games, but I can't help but think they would have probably saved some costs if they had spent the time developing CD & 32X instead on developing a different system with ground-up architecture from the beginning:)

The thing about Sega is that some of their best games were only released in Japan... this was the case especially for the SCD, not for the 32X.

I loled imagine the chances of that happening and it did :P amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest panpizza15

Looks like Sega Knew the CD and the 32X would be bad, at least Sonic CD and about 2 games no one ever heard of were good. I miss the terrible full motion videos in games. Forget CGI cut scenes, imagine if Metal Gear had live action cut scenes.