Suggestion As To How To Remove Adress Labels From Magazines.

Thor

This is something I have been doing for years on my used video game like when you buy them from Gamestop and they have those ugly price tags. I just tried it for the first time on a Sega Visions magazine and it works wonders.

What you need to do is just apply some heat preferably using a hair dryer and slowly peel the label off the cover and keep applying the heat as needed. I didn't think it was going to work on such an old label but it came off without tearing the cover at all.

• Retromags Curator

Yup, I have removed labels from 20+ year old magazines using that technique, its covered in my Debinding guide on the wiki :)

http://www.retromags.com/wiki/index.php?title=Debinding

This brings me to those pesky address labels! How do you remove them? Well if you have a hair dryer laying around you can use it to heat up the address label. I usually heat up the label for about 2 minutes from both sides of the cover. Then gently peel it back from the corner. If you feel any resistance you should immediately stop and try from another corner. I usually keep the hair dryer on the label and peel back as the hot air is blowing. Once the label is removed there may still be some glue residue left on the magazine cover. This glue can re adhere to other pages, I mention this because I usually remove address labels far in advance from the actual debinding of the magazine. If you remove the address label and stack other magazines on top of each other, The glue can get stuck and damage the cover.