Rate Super Mario Galaxy!

Rate Super Mario Galaxy  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Below!

• 1 = Horrible
    • 5 = Fair
    • 10 = Perfect

I just got it today. :happy:

The thing is, I won't be rating it before I have played it for a decent amount of time, but seeing how I totally and completely adored Donkey Kong Jungle Beat this simply can't go wrong.

Especially with all the praise this game is getting all over the net, without a bunch of whiners going on and on about minuscule things they didn't like.

So this is going to be special indeed.

Only got 2 stars this afternoon before I had to take a nap again. (Just had surgery this Monday)

Loved it for the small amount I've played.

The thing is that I stared seeing the game in front of my eyes when I closed them, just like I used to have when playing Tetris for much too long. :grin:

Like I said, I just played for a good hour or, so and I'm dying to get back to the game.

Which is exactly what I'm going to do right now. :laughing:

• Retromags Curator
I just got it today. :happy:

The thing is, I won't be rating it before I have played it for a decent amount of time, but seeing how I totally and completely adored Donkey Kong Jungle Beat this simply can't go wrong.

Especially with all the praise this game is getting all over the net, without a bunch of whiners going on and on about minuscule things they didn't like.

So this is going to be special indeed.

Only got 2 stars this afternoon before I had to take a nap again. (Just had surgery this Monday)

Loved it for the small amount I've played.

The thing is that I stared seeing the game in front of my eyes when I closed them, just like I used to have when playing Tetris for much too long. :grin:

Like I said, I just played for a good hour or, so and I'm dying to get back to the game.

Which is exactly what I'm going to do right now. :laughing:

I am up to 14 stars, 1 more star and I will be able to beat the 2nd galaxy's boss. Its an great game in my opinion, The controls take about 20 minutes to get the hang of , but after that you will be comfortable. The Space Junkyard and honey comb worlds are my 2 favorite right now. I think the worlds in this Mario game are some of the best and most unique I have ever seen, Every time I get to go to a new world or galaxy I am very anxious to find out what it will be. It is now official that the Wii has a strong Zelda, Metroid and Mario game under there belt.....they should be unstoppable this Christmas season!

I have not seen a strong Zelda, Metroid and Mario game for a Nintendo Console since the SNES (no metroid for N64) and Sunshine and Windwaker just dont compare to Twilight Princess and Galaxy.

But thats my opinion :)

Guest memnoch
I am up to 14 stars, 1 more star and I will be able to beat the 2nd galaxy's boss. Its an great game in my opinion, The controls take about 20 minutes to get the hang of , but after that you will be comfortable. The Space Junkyard and honey comb worlds are my 2 favorite right now. I think the worlds in this Mario game are some of the best and most unique I have ever seen, Every time I get to go to a new world or galaxy I am very anxious to find out what it will be. It is now official that the Wii has a strong Zelda, Metroid and Mario game under there belt.....they should be unstoppable this Christmas season!

I have not seen a strong Zelda, Metroid and Mario game for a Nintendo Console since the SNES (no metroid for N64) and Sunshine and Windwaker just dont compare to Twilight Princess and Galaxy.

But thats my opinion :)

I've only played through the first part of the game (9 stars) and truthfuly I'm very dissapointed with this game. Since you mentioned it....I don't really thinkg that any of the Wii's big titles have really lived up to their N64 counterparts. Zelda, Mario, Paper Mario all 'ok' games but really aren't as spectacular as their originals.

Well I took back Resident Evil after beating it and unlocking just about everything in less than 24 hrs. (Sad!)

I picked up Mario like I should have in the first place and I'm loving it. I wouldn't say it's perfect but it's very good. As far as did it live up to me expectations ... well no. It surpassed my expectations! I was not originally going to buy the game because it did not interest me but in the past couple weeks I've started to really want the game. I'm only up to 8 stars right now but this game unlike RE was worth $50.

Now since the start of this game all I've been thinking about is how cool a new Mario RPG could be if they did it with the more Square Enix feel to it rather than Paper Mario or the GBA game. And since Nintendo and Square are back on par with each other why could they not get together and make a true RPG sequel?

Getting a bit further into the game. I'm up to 22 starts right now, but I'm not going for a speed run.

Instead I'm savoring every second of this game.

I absolutely love it to pieces. Last time I felt this way when playing a game was when I first picked up NiGHTS 10 years ago. :happy:

Sure, nothing is supposed to ever be perfect, but this for me is as close at it'll ever get.

For those who haven't played the teams prior game, be sure to pick up Donkey Kong Jungle Beats with a pair of bongo's. It's so underrated that it almost makes me want to cry.

Can't wait to see with what they will come up next.

• Retromags Curator
Getting a bit further into the game. I'm up to 22 starts right now, but I'm not going for a speed run.

Instead I'm savoring every second of this game.

I absolutely love it to pieces. Last time I felt this way when playing a game was when I first picked up NiGHTS 10 years ago. :happy:

Sure, nothing is supposed to ever be perfect, but this for me is as close at it'll ever get.

For those who haven't played the teams prior game, be sure to pick up Donkey Kong Jungle Beats with a pair of bongo's. It's so underrated that it almost makes me want to cry.

Can't wait to see with what they will come up next.

I am up to 22 stars also,

Bowser was quite a fun challenge wasnt he?

I almost want this to become a trilogy like SMB was on the NES. At 20 stars I realized that I was 1/6th of my way through beating the game,

But then I have to beat it as Luigi after beating it with Mario so that I can get the 121st star

, Lets hope that the Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros have as much love and uniqueness to them as SMG :)

I almost want this to become a trilogy like SMB was on the NES. At 20 stars I realized that I was 1/6th of my way through beating the game,

But then I have to beat it as Luigi after beating it with Mario so that I can get the 121st star

, Lets hope that the Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros have as much love and uniqueness to them as SMG :)

Yeah, loved that part. Especially the level that precedes him. So nostalgic.

I'm so happy the team wasn't afraid to put some put 2D gameplay in there along with the regular 3D platforming. Well, if you can call anything in this game regular.

Had the same thought as well, afraid that the game will be over when I'm not ready for it to be over.

Then again, reading that 2nd spoiler made me smile.

I won't have any trouble playing it all over again from the start then. :grin:

*edit* I think I'm up to 32 now.

Total N64 feeling to it I loved it! Have any of you been to the Sweet Sweet Galaxy? That stage gave me chills when it started man did it have a Mario 3 feeling or what.

I'm up to 42 stars now.

Haven't seen Sweet Sweet Galaxy but I'm looking forward to it. :grin:

I'm in love with this game. it's very quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.

Sadly this feeling doesn't come very often. You know the one I'm talking about. You start up a game and you instantly know you're gonna love playing it even 5-10 years from now.

Well at least it doesn't happen to me much, certainly not in the last couple of years. Perhaps that's why I'm so much into all kinds of retro gaming.

I can remember having those exact same feelings with games like Mario Bros 3, Mario World, Mario 64, Radiant Silvergun the same week it came out in Japan, NiGHTS and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

I'm sure there are a couple more, but you get the idea.

This is a game that keeps me playing and keeps me hoping that someone will bring out more stuff like this.

If it weren't for games like this one, I would probably have left this hobby when the DC died...

I just love the way you think, gosh, I loved that Galaxy. But I would have wanted a star or 2 more in that one. And then while strolling through a rerun of the level, just for the fun of being there and playing around with everything, you come across something that makes you suspicious.

Try out whatever you can think of, and before you know it you've opened up a secret path in that galaxy which leads to another complete level. :laughing:

Also for some reason, I just love dying in this game.

I was playing the level with all the thwomp blocks that is built around a waterstream trapped between 2 black holes. The one in the cave.

I had little trouble with it the first time, but now there was a speedy comet in orbit so it was a tad more difficult. :wink:

I must have died at least 15 times in a couple of minutes, and I was sitting there with this sick grin on my face loving every second of it. Where I normally would be getting frustrated in another game, this one has the exact opposite effect on me.

When you die, you know that it's not the game's fault.

Your skills are either rusty or your reflexes are too slow, but it certainly isn't due to faulty design choices.

I'm literally in gaming heaven this week. :happy:

I ve got it since the day of release in Europe. ive played about 1/4 through the game within 7 hours.

I don't think it's the best mario ever, but it plays quite good and makes good use of the wii-features.

Unfortunatly I liked mario sunshine more. but that has a lot to do with the controls...

i don't like the nunchuck too much ;)

I wish, I wish I had a wii. That's the first wii game almost making me exploring the city's walmarts, k-marts, zellers..whatever to find a silly wii on sell. I have read it's the real sequel to Mario 64 if this is remotely true, I would probably rate it 9 or higher lol

Really enjoying it so far, about 33 or 34 stars in. About my only complaint would be cameras. I liked having more control over them in Mario 64 and Sunshine. With this they didn't give you any choice which was a mistake. It makes swimming more difficult as a result and also trying to line up your jumps to pounce on a baddie.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...