I Think My Post Man Hates Me.

Thor

I've been buying magazines here and there but today was really bad.

Today I got my Dec issue of EGM and my Holiday issue of Nintendo Power.

On top of that I got a missing issue of Sega Visions and the entire year of Nintendo Power 2000. And of course on top of my other regular mail. Bills, netflicks, and a free sample of Warm Delights from Betty Crocker ... wich took up quit a bit of room in my tiny mail box by it self.

hehe you should see my mailman's face when I go on a shopping spree. :grin:

I bought a whole bunch of Japanese horror and yakuza DVDs a while back from play.com.

Must have been 25 movies in a span of 5 days or so.

On top of that I bought several bundles of RetroGamer back issues (not for scanning, but because I love the mag).

And I also got my monthly load of Japanese retro games that comes in a very nice bog, heavy box.

Then a couple of DS and Wii games from England to top it all off, and combined with the regular mail and subscriptions I would actually be surprised if they hadn't blacklisted me by now. :laughing:

• Retromags Curator

My old mailman did hate me, He would complain and tell me that I should drive down the street to get my movies instead of using Netflix. Not to mention that last years tax refund went towards about 50 auctions on ebay for gaming stuff, Oh I bet he loved bringing me stuff every day for 2 weeks

hehe you should see my mailman's face when I go on a shopping spree. :grin:

I bought a whole bunch of Japanese horror and yakuza DVDs a while back from play.com.

Must have been 25 movies in a span of 5 days or so.

On top of that I bought several bundles of RetroGamer back issues (not for scanning, but because I love the mag).

And I also got my monthly load of Japanese retro games that comes in a very nice bog, heavy box.

Then a couple of DS and Wii games from England to top it all off, and combined with the regular mail and subscriptions I would actually be surprised if they hadn't blacklisted me by now. :laughing:

Yeah I love RetroGamer magazine they even fetured my website in that magazine. But for me to get just one issue of that it ends up costing me close to $20 per issue due to shipping and currency conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

My postman doesn't mind me (as far as I'm aware), it's my local post office that hates me. It's a tiny, smallest of the three in the small town in which I live, two counters and only one is ever open, tiny Post Office. So when I turn up with two carrier bags full of parcels that each need to be weighed, tested to see if they fit through the little 'pretend' post slot that determines if I need to pay a bit extra, crammed through the gap in the window because the staff can't be bothered walking three feet to the bigger parcel window, you can almost literally see the hate in their eyes.

It's getting more and more difficult to resist shouting "YOU WORK IN A POST OFFICE. QUITE OFTEN, PEOPLE WILL LIKE TO POST THINGS. THAT IS WHY YOU GET PAID. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?"

• 2 weeks later...

My postman is ok, though I've notice the same hate filled eyes when I ship things off. But I think my UPS Carrier is either retarded or lazy. Twice now I've missed guaranteed 3-day packages because of a "Missing Apartment Number" The thing is, I don't LIVE in an apartment building, I live in a friggin' house! The apartments are on the other side of the street, an odd number large as life on the side of the building. I'm an even number and more toward the middle, but twice now I've checked the tracking number and it got taken back to the warehouse because of a missing Apartment number. I hope after my last call, they realize I don't live in an apartment building, if it happens again I'm gonna demand my money back and I'll be switching to FedEx for everything.