Nintendo Power Dragon Warrior Strategy Guide 1989

the-fu

I'm new here and I've tried to search for this item but I didn't have any luck. I apologize if I'm asking in the wrong forum but I've been looking for the Nintendo Power 1989 Dragon Warrior Strategy Guide insert for a while now. I remember having the guide as a kid and loving the artwork inside. Would anyone happen to have an active torrent for a scan of the guide. Thanks so much in advance!

I enjoy the artwork in the Dragon Warrior Explorer's Guide. I am new to this site, but i know there is a way to download this guide from here. I might have it in stacks somewhere, but I think someone has already scanned it with more of a pristine quality then I could offer.

photo37bq0.jpg

photo38em0.jpg

I enjoy the artwork in the Dragon Warrior Explorer's Guide. I am new to this site, but i know there is a way to download this guide from here. I might have it in stacks somewhere, but I think someone has already scanned it with more of a pristine quality then I could offer.

photo37bq0.jpg

photo38em0.jpg

Thanks for the reply. The cover of that book looks different than the old Strategy Guide I used to have but the artwork inside looks the same. Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out for the scan.

No problem the-fu. I looked at Replacementdocs.com and they didnt seem to have on for the Explorer's guide, but i will be happy to scan it when i get home tonight and post it on that site, then post here a link for you. Just let me know if you want.

I'd hate to put you out by having you scan in your book. I certainly wouldn't mind having the book but considering that I mostly want the scan for nostalgia sake, I think I'll keep looking for the original Strategy Guide and save you the trouble. Thanks so much for the offer though.

By the way, I've included a screenshot of the cover of the SG just in case it jogs someone's memory.

dwsgpy4.jpg

• Retromags Curator
I'd hate to put you out by having you scan in your book. I certainly wouldn't mind having the book but considering that I mostly want the scan for nostalgia sake, I think I'll keep looking for the original Strategy Guide and save you the trouble. Thanks so much for the offer though.

By the way, I've included a screenshot of the cover of the SG just in case it jogs someone's memory.

dwsgpy4.jpg

Sorry been kinda busy, Here is the supplement :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/72219488/suppl...or_strategy.zip

dwsgpy4.jpg

MY GOD! I have never seen that before. The first one shown is the one I have but the official Strategy Guide I have never seen. I've got to get my hands on that magazine. Off to ebay *poof*

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This is an old thread, but it's my policy to revive a topical thread, rather than starting a new one that covers much of the same.

After downloading 'Nintendo Power, Vol. 9', I find that it is missing this insert ('Dragon Warrior Strategy Guide'; I presume that the other similar inserts are also missing for future issues. I tried the download link in this thread, but it is dead.

Does someone have this scan to add to the Nintendo Power archive, as a supplement to Vol (Issue No.) 9? Does someone have an archive of the other Player-Guide inserts? I recall seeing a mention that 'Nintendo Power is done', which is at present still untrue, as the inserts, strategy guides, Player's Guides (the small and large format guides) and some assorted publications (e.g. 'Tips & Tactics') are still missing.

I'm also curious if there is a torrent established for this section, and if there is any rule prohibiting it, as it would be far simpler than MegaUpload and such services that have a download cap and a parallel transfers limit. If there is no torrent established, and there is no objection, I may generate a torrent (which I will link here) for selections of mags to easily download certain sets or groupings.

Anyhow, I would like to be able to have the 'Dragon Warrior' insert, if anybody still has it to re-upload. Many thanks for all the amazing work!

• Retromags Curator

I'm quite confused about this, because I downloaded this and a couple other supplements to early Nintendo Power mags from this site (and it had to be this site, because the .cbz has the Retromags identifier page in its archive) back in February but I'll be darned if I can find the download locations now. E-day, any idea where these went? The file names were coded as "supplement_### - (supplement name)" if that helps.

*huggles*

Areala

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i see that this is a very old topic that has already been revived once, but it fits what i'm asking and doesn't seem completely answered.

I've been trying to find the Super Mario Bros. 2 "Inside Out" tip book published as part of Nintendo Powers #7 and 8 but haven't been able to locate it. Does anyone have it scanned yet, and if so, how can i get a hold of it?

this obviously refers to other "mini strategy guides" too, like the Dragon Warrior one mentioned above.

• Retromags Curator

I don't have all of 'em, but here are the Nintendo Power supplements I do have:

Supplement 005 - Game Pak Directory - http://www.mediafire.com/?kpcmpmy0a3ij3c5

Supplement 007 - Mario 2 Inside & Out Part 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?fdakk34ztzcqkxl

Supplement 008 - Mario 2 Inside & Out Part 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?3z8blerch5hfhtr

Supplement 009 - Dragon Warrior Strategy Guide - http://www.mediafire.com/?k6owvscbv83cgiy

Supplement 010 - World of Nintendo - http://www.mediafire.com/?2hq1n5yt654kv20

Supplement 011 - Pak Source - http://www.mediafire.com/?bqpbp0jp29oovne

*huggles*
Areala

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

and now, six months later, i see that Supplement 012 would be a 36 page "Classified Information" insert. any help?

and is there a list somewhere of the inserts available? it seems like every time i turn around there's something that i can't find. grrrrr....

Edited by twiztor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...