Foreign Mag Scans

Neowulf

Is anyone interested in foreign magazine scans?

I have lots of swedish gaming magazines lying around at my place... Even though I currently don't own a scanner, some of them are already scanned and ready to go! ;)

So... What do people here think?

• Retromags Curator
Is anyone interested in foreign magazine scans?

I have lots of swedish gaming magazines lying around at my place... Even though I currently don't own a scanner, some of them are already scanned and ready to go! ;)

So... What do people here think?

Sure that sounds great, Even though I dont understand anything other then English....I can look at the pretty pictures :)

Check your PM

-Phillyman

l am sure there are plenty of Swedish game fans who would love to read a bit about retro gaming, and yes the rest of us can just look at the pretty pictures.

l am currently collecting Tomb Raider related scans which l post on a very large Tomb Raider forum if there is anything interesting in the article l am sure someone is eventually going to tell us, no matter what language the article is in, there is bound to be someone who can read it. The pity is all the current magazines get all the attention and hardly anyone seems interested in the old magazines. :(

Funny thing is I'm Swedish but can't read but a very little Swedish... ok so I'm from Swedish descent and I've lived in the states all my life. My mom taught me some Swedish but I've never seen any school teach it where I have lived. Although where my mom grew up there was a very large Swedish population.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would say that any type of game magazine from any country would be more than welcomed here. It's interesting to see how magazines are put together in different countries, and also they have pictures and art of games that we all know and love. Also interesting to see review scores that games receive that differ (better or worse.) from their American or English predecessors.

• 3 weeks later...

I've some old videogame magazines, but are far away from me actually... when possible, i'll try get and scan.

For now, i would like to show an brazilian website, with some of first numbers of old videogame magazines. It's a community with various contributors, but the scans are in low quality (all in PDF format).

Link (direct link to the site in portuguese)

Link (acess using Babelfish, portuguese to english)

*Obs.: "revista" in portuguese mean "magazine".

(sorry for my bad english)