Console Wars 2007

Gnash

So the year will be ending soon and it looks like the Wii will win this years console war. What I amazed and really thinking about is that the PS3 will probably win over the Xbox 360 next year. With the drop on price I think it spells doom for the Xbox 360. Once final fantasy XIII is out I think the fight will be over. What are your predictions?

I think 2008 will be like this

1st place Wii

2nd place PS3

3rd Place Xbox 360

If you include Handhelds

1st place DS

2nd place Wii

3rd place PS3

4th place Xbox 360

5th place PSP

• Retromags Curator

I don't know. I think it will take more than next year for the PS3 to overtake the 360. Even with the proce drop it's still pretty pricey. Plus when you buy a PS3, you are almost committing yourself to the Blu-ray format. Personally, I think Blu-ray is much better than HD-DVD and hope it wins, but I won't commit yet. I'd rather get a Wii and an LG Super Blu Player so I can buy both formats ;)

Well, many people started playing videogames when the PSone was released, and thus can't stand to see the mighty Sony struggling. :cry:

I wouldn't put too much fate into the doomsayers as more than likely they are just simply trying to strengthen their own agenda with such claims. :wink:

• Retromags Curator

Except that it's not as good as the 16-bit war. At least not in my eyes. What made that war so great was the advertising campaigns.

Most of those who say the Wii is a fad have either not played it, or were against it before they tried it. I find the Wii's controls, especially for Wii Sports and Super Mario Galaxy, to be incredibly awesome. Much more involving than a standard gamepad, that's for sure. And even a bit more skillful too.

• Retromags Curator

I saw a decent amoutn of Wii games until the day after Boxing Day (December 26). After Boxing Day, most of the Wii games were pillaged from Wal-Mart. They also has PS2s on sale for $99, but those didn't seem to be moving. Had I the money, I would have grabbed one.

• 4 weeks later...