Loz: Oracles Of Seasons And Ages

Enker

Having broken and finally ordered copies of Seasons and Ages for my Gameboy Colour (which is currently getting a revival in my house since myself and my three flatmates re-discovered the original pokemon games) I must admit that I am enjoying them immensly. I'm unsure if they are as ground-breaking as the wonderful 'LOZ: Link's Awakening' but it certainly has the same feel to it that I remember and love from my younger days (I'm 24! It's not old!!) What do people think about these two twin games, linked as they are by codes.

I played through the beginning of each cart once and I have to say they look nice for an 8-bit(?) handheld game, especially the intro. I'll be finally getting around to getting and playing through them by the end of the decade hopefully.

The linked cart concept has always sounded interesting, but I'm not sure if it does anything but unlock extra endings. Weapons / items only available in one game but transferable would be nice, but I don't know if that's in these games.

I think someone thought it would potentially double the total sales of a new game by producing two, but I don't think it was promoted very well. Pokemon really started the trend of successful concurrent releases.

I'm playing Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. I think this game is really important because it started many things that would become trademark in Zelda games like fishing, map, Items like the grappling hook and many more.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...