Mario Kart

meppi

I've been able to avoid one on the N64 Donkey Kong track, where you jump over the river.

Just hit right behind my when I just left the ground. My buddy who was racing underneath said he actually got hit with the blue shell and didn't know where it came from since he was in 4th place at the time. :lol:

They can be very annoying, but I've had 3 blue ones hit me on Bowser's Castle along with a bunch of other crap which was flung at me and I still finished first with a very decent advantage.

Still using the wheel along with Yoshi in his standard cart. Don't really like the bikes actually.

Say Philly, did you by any means forget to add my friends code?

I just checked again and you still appear on my list as a question mark...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Retromags Curator
I've been able to avoid one on the N64 Donkey Kong track, where you jump over the river.

Just hit right behind my when I just left the ground. My buddy who was racing underneath said he actually got hit with the blue shell and didn't know where it came from since he was in 4th place at the time. :lol:

They can be very annoying, but I've had 3 blue ones hit me on Bowser's Castle along with a bunch of other crap which was flung at me and I still finished first with a very decent advantage.

Still using the wheel along with Yoshi in his standard cart. Don't really like the bikes actually.

Say Philly, did you by any means forget to add my friends code?

I just checked again and you still appear on my list as a question mark...

I just got the same question from MBJ :P

I have had limited time on Mario Kart, mainly because the Gf and her brother like to play against me .....So in my spare time I have been working on getting all gold on the 100CC tracks.....just did it last night.....now going to work on all gold on 50CC .....and then 150CC......but I am still using Automatic.....so I probably need to learn to do Manual before going against you guys :P

I have only done 1 online match so far.....something about going into the hospital and shooting the nurses in GTA4 has me hooked :P

Well, Mario Kart DS is pretty much the perfect Mario Kart, so they only needed to fix the snaking and create some interesting courses and throw in a couple new weapons to keep the fans happy.

And seeing as how they did just that and created some of the best new courses in the series, I'm very happy with it.

Sometimes what a series needs isn't to keep breaking new boundaries, but instead to go back to basics and simply be fun again.

Hideki Konno saw what went wrong with Double Dash and put the game back on track with the DS and Wii versions.

The only thing I would wish for is an option to separate the carts and bikes into two groups, as well as to be able to play all the past Mario Kart tracks. But I realize that last one is practically impossible when you count all the tracks together from every iteration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think this game was really cool! Better than the others (Mario Kart DS is still strong though).

But I played all the tracks and Cups and unlocked stuff in just 2 weeks, and thats it.... Unless you wanna play online often thats fine but I think it's better to rent it than buy it. (But you might need to get the Wii Wheel)

Edited by crashblast23

• 4 weeks later...
I wish nintendo had an online store that sells other tracks like the other consoles.

Ugh, let's not have Nintendo join the bandwagon of "Let's release half completed games and make everyone download the rest when we get it done." Not everyone lives in an area with high speed internet access, like most of rural America for example.

Yeah I'm with you. It would be nice to be able to get more tracks but at the same time who's to say those tracks they offered as downloadable extras my have originally been a part of the game and they pulled them just to make some extra cash as downloadable content. I'd rather just buy a game straight out.

• Retromags Curator
Yeah I'm with you. It would be nice to be able to get more tracks but at the same time who's to say those tracks they offered as downloadable extras my have originally been a part of the game and they pulled them just to make some extra cash as downloadable content. I'd rather just buy a game straight out.

Maybe we will get lucky and Nintendo will release another Mario Kart, Pulling a different 16 old tracks and 16 new tracks, maybe add a few other characters and such.....I think I would buy it B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...