Games You Are Looking Forward To In 2008

• 1 month later...

being a big shooter,i am really looking forward to thunderforce6 on the ps2(release date sept30th).i also hope that raiden4 gets released worldwide as its staring to grate at me that the 360 seems to be the console of choice over in japan for all thse shmups that are coming out but i cant play them.microsoft why on earth did you not make the 360 region free. :angry:

other 360 shooters i want.

dodonpachi/ketsuix

raiden fighters aces

otomedius g

rtype dimensions(which is getting released worldwide on xbla.)

Thunder Force VI? Wow, that one slipped right by me. I'll have to dig up some more info on that one. I'm really looking forward to the Dragon Quest games on DS, along with the new Castlevania. SimCity Creator (Wii) looks pretty fun, too...

I doubt Diablo 3 is coming out this year, but it's still worth mentioning.

Some of the games you've mentioned look interesting, and I haven't heard of them. Here are my picks.

This year:

(Xbox360) Silent Hill 5: Homecoming

(Xbox360) Infinite Undiscovery (I've loved every Tri-Ace game so far...)

(PS2) Persona 4

(Xbox360) Tomb Raider 8: Underworld

Sometime in the future:

(Xbox360) Beyond Good and Evil 2

(Xbox360) Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (Another Tri-Ace game)

(Xbox360) Final Fantasy XIII

(DS) Valkyrie Profile: Toga wo Seou Mono (Tri-Ace)

(PC) Diablo III

(PC) StarCraft III

I recently bought (Xbox360) Eternal Sonata (Tri-Crescendo = Tri-Ace's music division) and (PS2) Odin Sphere. Both are great "sleeper hits". Speaking of sleeper hits, I just looked up Tri-Crescendo in Wikipedia and found (GCube) Baten Kaitos, (GCube) Baten Kaitos Origins, and (Wii) Fragile: Sayonara Tsuki no Haikyo. Now I have to add those to my Want List. Would like to buy (Xbox360) Lost Odyssey and (maybe) (Xbox360) Blue Dragon (the mixed reviews kinda scare me, but Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time.) I would like to get (PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4 too, but I can't justify a PS3 just for that.

Soooo many games I want to play, but I just don't have that kind of time any more. :(

(Xbox360) Final Fantasy XIII

Again, I would have liked to see something more exciting at the end of the Xbox conference at E3 than that. But then again, I don't like Final Fantasy or any kind of Japanese/Anime/"Beautiful Death" games.

Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Wii Music, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour.

Fallout 3 looks like the new Bioshock for me. And Bioshock just happens to be my favourite game of all time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

I am still looking forward to the following games, some of which I listed in June. I even forgot about some of them :)

Wii

-----

Sonic Unleashed

Harvest Moon (?)

Tales of Symphonia

Little King's Story

LEGO Batman

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Ghostbusters

Wario Land: Shake It!

DS

-----

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Kirby Superstar Ultra

Ninjatown

Sonic Chronicles

Time Hollow

I'm tempted to remove Sonic Unleashed since I am not impressed with the game play trailers I have seen so far, but it stays for now. I bought FF IV and Harvest Moon for the DS, but they are still shrinkwrapped on a shelf with the rest of my DS games. Harvest Moon for the Wii got so-so ratings, so I am not sure if I will get that game of one of the GameCube games.

There are too many games coming out this fall! Not to mention the dozens of games I have that I haven't played yet :(

There isn't a lot I'm looking forward to this year...

After Mega Man 9 which is coming out tomorrow, there's Sonic Unleashed and Wario: Shake It that I might rent, but besides that, nothing really stands out for me. Of course I'll buy Street Fighter IV for my PS3 the day it comes out, but Capcom said they would launch the game alongside the next movie around next February.