Anyone Remember The E.g.m. Power Tours? '93-'94

zyphaz

Hey all, first off I'm glad I found this site. I've been trying to settle a bet for some time now that I was in an issue of EGM :lol:

Anyway, I've been trying to find an issue of EGM, but I'm unsure of what issue it was exactly. A couple of hints...I won a Turbo Duo (release 10/02) at EGM's first Power Tour, we played Bomberman '93 (released in 93), I THINK the issue had a bifold cover and I THINK it was a MK cover. Anyway around 3/4ths of the way through the mag was an advertisement for the Power Tour (Primarily Yellow two page ad IIRC) and in it was a little asian kid wearing a white Bomberman hat holding up a Turbo Duo. Does anyone have or know what issue this was? If not does anyone have any issues that advertised the first Power Tour so I could at least narrow down the Year/Season?

Well Issue 47 does have the advertisements for something called the Super Tour '93.

It's this one:

Egm047.jpg

Not a foldout cover though. And the first add is yellowish, but doesn't have the kid on it, but mentions the Bomberman '93 Championchips. The second add a couple page later is on a black page and says: "Be part of the EGM experience July 15, 1993"

Hope this helps. :grin:

Thanks meppi I stand corrected, it was Super Tours not Power Tours.

Anyway I downloaded issue 49 and it was definitely after that. The next available issue was 56 and they were already advertising the 2nd Super Tour.