Super Smash Bros. Brawl

• Retromags Curator

Has anyone bought this game yet? I got it yesterday. I normally HATE fighting games since it's just the same thing over and over, but this one intrigued me. The fact that it has an adventure mode and that the fighting stages had more than one level to stand on is what appealed enough to me to want to buy the game. And the fact that Sonic The Hedgehog is in it sealed the deal.

I spent a couple of hours today getting used to the controllers and playing some of the extras, and the classic fighting portion to get used to the controls and what not. Even though it was just fighting like any other fighting game, except with more fighters on some stages, it was quite fun. I got through it on easy and normal, which isn't bad for never having played a SSB game before.

I also tried one online fight, which was fun until the lag kicked in and made everything herky-jerky. Anyone else have this problem? If anyone else has this game, put your friends code on here. Mine is 1848-1389-4110.

• Retromags Curator
Not a big fighting fan, but I got it and fooled around with it a bit last night. Which controller are you using?

I played through it last night, I got my ass kicked by Metal Samus because I dont know how to jump higher then a foot :lol:

Anyways I made it to the hand and he smacked me around, I got beat and I turned on Halo 3 to feel better.

I will post my Friend Code later tonite :)

I'm picking this up the day it's released over here, which by the look of it will be somewhere in the fall of 2014. :shaun:

Loved smash bros on GC, but sadly enough never had anyone to play against on a semi decent level, so Wifi play will certainly come in handy this time.

But the first game I'm gonna pick up will be Mario Kart come April 11.

Me and my buddy at work even took the day off, so we could drive to the store early and play all afternoon until his wife comes back home from work. :grin:

• Retromags Curator
Not a big fighting fan, but I got it and fooled around with it a bit last night. Which controller are you using?

Same as you. I actually hate Street Fighter-style fighting games. But I made an exception for this one.

I am using the Wiimote and nunchuk. It seems to work okay, though I find the control stick too sensitive for jumping a lot of the time. I will give it a try with the classic controller next, and then the GC controller and see which I like best. How is everyone else playing?

Has anyone bought this game yet? I got it yesterday. I normally HATE fighting games since it's just the same thing over and over, but this one intrigued me. The fact that it has an adventure mode and that the fighting stages had more than one level to stand on is what appealed enough to me to want to buy the game. And the fact that Sonic The Hedgehog is in it sealed the deal.

I spent a couple of hours today getting used to the controllers and playing some of the extras, and the classic fighting portion to get used to the controls and what not. Even though it was just fighting like any other fighting game, except with more fighters on some stages, it was quite fun. I got through it on easy and normal, which isn't bad for never having played a SSB game before.

I also tried one online fight, which was fun until the lag kicked in and made everything herky-jerky. Anyone else have this problem? If anyone else has this game, put your friends code on here. Mine is 1848-1389-4110.

I'm looking for my first SSB friend

3222-5316-0338

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Got this for my GF, she hasn't even played it yet. And I'm too busy with my PS3 to give it a try.

She thought it was one we could cooperate together on it, is that true?

I'd like to play it (got a pretty good deal on it, and I like to keep her happy).

Thanks for any advise or info.

d