Woot!

Krisse

Hello guys, I'm new to this site! I found it yesterday and I was amazed seeing a site like this.

I have some hundred gaming magazines, mostly german but also several complete years of EGM. I am trying to get the right scanner at the moment with which i can automatically scan them in. But before I go through all the work scanning them in, I'd like to ask if there is any interest in german magazines? Also which program do you guys suggest for batch scanning (and auto formatting)?

Looking forward to future updates. Thanks A LOT for your work! :)

• Retromags Curator
Hello guys, I'm new to this site! I found it yesterday and I was amazed seeing a site like this.

I have some hundred gaming magazines, mostly german but also several complete years of EGM. I am trying to get the right scanner at the moment with which i can automatically scan them in. But before I go through all the work scanning them in, I'd like to ask if there is any interest in german magazines? Also which program do you guys suggest for batch scanning (and auto formatting)?

Looking forward to future updates. Thanks A LOT for your work! :)

Welcome Krisse,

Scan whatever keeps you interested, Right now I am scanning EGM magazines and Eday_2010 is compiling and releasing them. We are missing a few issues here and there so any holes you can fill would be a TREMENDOUS help. I use a program called Omnipage 16 and scan with that, I am using a Canon scanner that scans both sides of the page.

I am in the middle of redoing the Wiki Guide on how to compile the .CBR files at the moment. But if you want to know where the holes reside in the EGM collection.....Just check out this link (if its green we have a copy)

http://retromags.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acquired_Issues

EDIT: Omnipage has a great editing program to deskew pages so that they are straight, and they also have a great cropping tool, I usually use that program first, and then run the scans through IrFanView to batch resize them down and give them a standardized naming convension

We need a few updates to that page Phillyman, EGM2 issue 1 we have, as well GamePro 1996 we have the complete run, those are just off the top of my head. I'm not sure who does the updates.

Welcome Krisse! I am looking forward to seeing new scans from you :) English or Non-English are great, but I have a soft spot for EGM

• Retromags Curator
We need a few updates to that page Phillyman, EGM2 issue 1 we have, as well GamePro 1996 we have the complete run, those are just off the top of my head. I'm not sure who does the updates.

Welcome Krisse! I am looking forward to seeing new scans from you :) English or Non-English are great, but I have a soft spot for EGM

Good catch, we try to keep it as updated as possible....must have missed those two

Welcome Krisse! It's always nice to see new people wanting to join in on the project.

Like Philly said, scan the magazines that keep you interested. As it's easy to tire of the work when you're doing scans that you yourself don't ware about.

I'm not sure who does the updates.

That would probably be me. :grin:

I've updated those ones just now.

• Retromags Curator
I'll be annoying and list the rest that I've seen

GamePro 29,33,56,64,70,71,76,77,105,106,152

Next Generation 20,27,31,33,51

Yea and the ones below, but Next Generation is soo far off in the distance to be worked on

Welcome Krisse! It's always nice to see new people wanting to join in on the project.

Like Philly said, scan the magazines that keep you interested. As it's easy to tire of the work when you're doing scans that you yourself don't ware about.

That would probably be me. :grin:

I've updated those ones just now.

Combine that Next Generation list with these for "Haves"

1995 - Missing 10 Issues (002-010, 012)

1996 - Missing 10 Issues (013-020, 022, 024)

1997 - Missing 3 Issues (027, 028, 031)

1998 - All Acquired!

1999 - All Acquired!

2000 - All Acquired!

2001 - Missing 1 (August 2001)

2002 - All Acquired!

Yea and the ones below, but Next Generation is soo far off in the distance to be worked on

Combine that Next Generation list with these for "Haves"

1995 - Missing 10 Issues (002-010, 012)

1996 - Missing 10 Issues (013-020, 022, 024)

1997 - Missing 3 Issues (027, 028, 031)

1998 - All Acquired!

1999 - All Acquired!

2000 - All Acquired!

2001 - Missing 1 (August 2001)

2002 - All Acquired!

Updated all of those as well, aside from the 2002 ones since I don't have those added to the table yet.

I'll build the year 2002 tomorrow as it's starting to get a bit late over here and I'd like to catch up on a bit of Monday Nigh RAW before going to bed. :grin:

• 5 months later...

to bump up this old topic... i am selling my complete magazine collection on ebay during the next weeks, since i am afraid i will never have the time or equipment to scan them in. mostly german mags, but also a lot of egm and egm² issues.

i got over 170 already online, more to follow. if anyone is interested: http://shop.ebay.de/merchant/kr155e_W0QQ_n...QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

to bump up this old topic... i am selling my complete magazine collection on ebay during the next weeks, since i am afraid i will never have the time or equipment to scan them in. mostly german mags, but also a lot of egm and egm² issues.

i got over 170 already online, more to follow. if anyone is interested: http://shop.ebay.de/merchant/kr155e_W0QQ_n...QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

I would love to scan in those CLub Nintendo issues, but I don't have the money for them right now sadly enough. sadbanana.gif