Newsgroup Posting

sav2880

I am curious what the group thinks of two things:

1) Newsgroups - I know that I first got some of the Retromags releases over newsgroup postings. I don't know if this was coordinated (I hope it was), but I'd love to see consistent reposts to newsgroups.

2) Other methods - Would there be interest in getting these issues out there via more guerilla methods of posting like rapidshare.de?

• Retromags Curator

We are looking for someone with a Fast Upload speed ......that can release to Newsgroups for us

This person would get issues before everyone else .......and would be a welcome addition to our group

I was the original person doing it .....but it gets to be too much for me to do everything :(

So if we could find someone that wouldnt mind spending the time to post 1 or 2 mags a week for us ....that would be great

Rapidshare is something that if someone wants to do it ....thats great ......if not .....doesnt matter to me :P

• Retromags Curator
Hi Phillyman

I would also be inturested in posting to newsgroups, if you need anyone else that is. I can upload as much as I want with my news group provider. By the way which newsgoup were you posting to?.

Regards

SnakeStorm

i was posting in alt.binaries.emulators.misc

but i bet posting it to the E-book sections would get a bit of peoples attention

I had some dude register on this forum just to complain that i was posting in the Nintendo DS group ......and pushing games off his server ......i told him to F off and buy the damn games .....and while he is at it .....buy a real Newsgroup provider......because i see files 30+ days back :rolleyes:

Hey All

Thanks for the info Phillyman, that's crazy like sav2880 said he should go out and pay for a good news group provider. Also if he's getting stuff for free he shouldn't complain.

Regards

SnakeStorm

i was posting in alt.binaries.emulators.misc

but i bet posting it to the E-book sections would get a bit of peoples attention

I had some dude register on this forum just to complain that i was posting in the Nintendo DS group ......and pushing games off his server ......i told him to F off and buy the damn games .....and while he is at it .....buy a real Newsgroup provider......because i see files 30+ days back :rolleyes:

• Retromags Curator
Yeah really. Heck, that was one of the ways that I found the original newsgroup postings, because it was on there. Anyways, those newsgroup servers hold retention by time, not by space, so the e-mailer wasn't well educated.

I was only posting in the DS group because of the following

The Nintendo DS .....you can buy a flash card and play all the old Nintendo games right off your DS

So i figured .....most of the people that are downloading these DS roms (which i am against) must own a flashcard ......and maybe they use the flashcards for NES emulation .....and would be interested in the old mags

Oh well .....no skin of my back :P

• 2 months later...

Love what you guys are doing, I recently came across some nintendo power magazines on usenet, and then came here to see how it was all being done. It must take a lot of time to scan the magazines, so I just wanted to thank you guys.

Keep up the great work!

• 1 month later...
Yeah really. Heck, that was one of the ways that I found the original newsgroup postings, because it was on there. Anyways, those newsgroup servers hold retention by time, not by space, so the e-mailer wasn't well educated.

actually retention on usenet servers is based on storage capacity not time. i picked this up off alt.binaries.emulators.nintendo, i dont care what it pushed off, roms are reposted all the time but this stuff here is good work. id like to thank you guys, your hard work is appreciated.