Any Interest In Videogames Magazine?

burpingcat

Hey, everyone; new member here. I came across this site/forum while looking for stuff about Sega Visions. I joined up because it's really cool to find other people like me who enjoy the Awesome Age of gaming mags. I think it's a good thing to preserve these magazines for the future. Anyway, that's enough of an intro.

Does anybody out here like VideoGames Magazine? You guys may or may not be familiar with it. It started out as "VideoGames & Computer Entertainment", but later changed its name and format (that's when I started getting it). Info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VideoGames_%2...r_Entertainment . Contrary to what the article says, they did feature more than just Mortal Kombat.

I know the magazine is corny, written for younger people, and probably can't compare to the higher quality of Nintendo Power and EGM, but it was my favorite gaming magazine back then (besides Sega Visions). It has a lot of nostalgic value for me, and I wonder if anybody else cares about it.

I'm a bit surprised to see that it doesn't get talked about much around here, but maybe it wasn't a very popular. It's spin-off magazine Tips & Tricks certainly did better, and some of the staff on VideoGames moved on to better things.

I have a pretty decent stack of the magazines stored away. Their conditions vary quite a bit, and they aren't a complete set or anything, but it's a start. I haven't looked at them in a while, but I could pull them out and take a good look for anybody that's interested. Shall I?

• 1 month later...

I would definitely be interested, I used to have a huge collection of Videogames Magazine. It was also my favorite magazine of the early-mid 1990s. I have a few issues left, but most of my videogame magazines from that time period were in storage downstairs and were destroyed in the flood after Hurricane Katrina.

Edited by ravenrules

I would definitely be interested, I used to have a huge collection of Videogames Magazine. It was also my favorite magazine of the early-mid 1990s. I have a few issues left, but most of my videogame magazines from that time period were in storage downstairs and were destroyed in the flood after Hurricane Katrina.

Oh yeah I remember that one. I never did buy that one on a regular basis like EGM or Gamepro but I would get it from time to time.