How Much Work Can Scanning A Magazine Actually Be? ;)

meppi

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know why my releases seem to be slowing down a bit lately.

I have just started working on the very first Mean Machines issue.

And to be honest, it's the hardest magazine I have been working on up until now.

It's coming along very nicely if I may say so myself, but it is going very slowly, even compared to some other problematic issues I have had in the past.

For starters, the pages seem to have quite a lot of discolourisation and spots, so the editing takes up quite a bit more time to clean them up.

But probably the biggest problem is that the issues are a bit too tall, as well as too wide for a regular A4 scanner. So every page needs to be scanned from the 2 sides (left and right), but also turned upside down and have the bottom strip rescanned.

After which it all needs to be put together again of course, so that takes a while to do it in a way so no one could ever notice that it was done like that. :tongue:

And finally there is the fact that for some reason this first issue seems to have been misprinted.

Most of the pages are slanted to one side or the other and you can actually see the printing lines and colour blocks come through the spine.

All this combines means that it takes a bit longer then an average mag scan.

So I thought it might be interesting to show you how a page looks like when it has just been scanned, as well as how it ends up after doing all of the above.

So I put together a small cbz file right here, which shows the raw page first and then right after the finished one.

That way the difference really stands out.

Oh and its a direct download link, so don't worry about waiting times. ;)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know why my releases seem to be slowing down a bit lately.

I have just started working on the very first Mean Machines issue.

And to be honest, it's the hardest magazine I have been working on up until now.

It's coming along very nicely if I may say so myself, but it is going very slowly, even compared to some other problematic issues I have had in the past.

For starters, the pages seem to have quite a lot of discolourisation and spots, so the editing takes up quite a bit more time to clean them up.

But probably the biggest problem is that the issues are a bit too tall, as well as too wide for a regular A4 scanner. So every page needs to be scanned from the 2 sides (left and right), but also turned upside down and have the bottom strip rescanned.

After which it all needs to be put together again of course, so that takes a while to do it in a way so no one could ever notice that it was done like that. :tongue:

And finally there is the fact that for some reason this first issue seems to have been misprinted.

Most of the pages are slanted to one side or the other and you can actually see the printing lines and colour blocks come through the spine.

All this combines means that it takes a bit longer then an average mag scan.

So I thought it might be interesting to show you how a page looks like when it has just been scanned, as well as how it ends up after doing all of the above.

So I put together a small cbz file right here, which shows the raw page first and then right after the finished one.

That way the difference really stands out.

Oh and its a direct download link, so don't worry about waiting times. ;)

Your devotion to this site is phenomenal. Thank you for your hard work in keeping the magazines coming. I hope I have your level of patience as I wade through a seemingly never-ending stack of GamePros.

-Noah

Your devotion to this site is phenomenal. Thank you for your hard work in keeping the magazines coming. I hope I have your level of patience as I wade through a seemingly never-ending stack of GamePros.

-Noah

The same should without a doubt be said to you as well, as you're doing an amazing job.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I want to thank you as well as the other persons who are making this project what it is.

I would like to say, if you start getting tired or start feeling it's a drag to scan those GamePro's, try scanning something else for a change. Something from a different generation perhaps.

For some reason, even though it's still magazines you're scanning, it somehow can make a huge difference in breaking the monotony of the job. ;)