E-Day's Work In Progress

E-Day

• Retromags Curator

I can't believe I didn't update this since July 2010. I know I have scanned stuff since then...

In any case, the following scans are done and will be available shortly:

GamePro Issue 005 December 1989 (scan #46 according to this thread).

GamePro Issue 006 January 1990 (scan #47)

GamePro Issue 009 April 1990 (scan #48)

GamePro Issue 012 July 1990 (scan #49)

GamePro Issue 016 November 1990 (scan #50)

GamePro Issue 017 December 1990 (scan #51)

Up next: Electronic Games Issue 28 October 1984 (scan #52)

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• 3 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Since I don't want to release Electronic games in it's current form, I scanned EGM 2 Issue 13 as well (scan #52). It will be released soon as it is sitting with the rest of the scanned magazines waiting for release.

Up next will be Tips & Tricks Issue 28 April 1997 (scan #53).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Game Player's Encyclopedia of Nintendo Games (the first volume) is currently uploading to the FTP, and weighs in at a hefty 420 megs. Up next I am going to do Volume Two (scan #55). It was previously available on the site, but could use a better scan. That one only has 256 pages :D

Thanks, E-Day - really looking forward to reading this! As I mentioned in the Shoutbox the other day, early Game Players are something of a guilty pleasure of mine. I know the screenshots were horrible and the commentary was never very critical, but they'd cover a lot of games in that thin newsprint and had a real knack for covering the less popular, sometimes obscure games with equal indifference. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Tips & Tricks August 2002 is complete. As part of my new process, when saving the edited pages at the standard 1600ish pixel width, I also save each at full size for future-proofing. This will be done with all future scans.

Up next: Tips & Tricks Issue 093 according to our Cover Gallery (labeled 91 on the cover) September 2002 (scan #57).

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Video Games Underground Issue 5 January 2003 is now available. I just learned that this magazine only lasted nine issues, and after 5 issues, they shrunk it down to a digest-sized book.

Up next: PSM CodeBook 2002 (scan #61).

Cover coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

That's odd. I indexed both issues of Video Games Underground today but they didn't appear in the site-wide "Magazine Database" sidebar as other magazines do.

Not a big deal - the indexes saved properly and everything - but a minor glitch in the system? Just fyi.

My daughter really enjoys Tips & Tricks pencil puzzles, E-Day - thanks for posting those. :)

• Retromags Curator

That's odd. I indexed both issues of Video Games Underground today but they didn't appear in the site-wide "Magazine Database" sidebar as other magazines do.

Not a big deal - the indexes saved properly and everything - but a minor glitch in the system? Just fyi.

My daughter really enjoys Tips & Tricks pencil puzzles, E-Day - thanks for posting those. :)

That has been fixed :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...