E-Day's Work In Progress

E-Day

You can always throw Computer Gaming World my way.

I have a 2007 cut-off date and if the magazine is no longer produced and no digital versions are available from the publisher I have no problems with making even later issues available. Every issue of this magazine is available on another site anyway although their scans are pretty ordinary.

• 2 months later...
  • Retromags Curator

Here's an update since it's been two months since there was a post in this thread.

During the fixing up the downloads and the migration of the site, I have not been sitting idle. Oh no! I have been busy scanning, and these will all be available shortly, once everything is restored and I find out how to upload new stuff to the server.

I finished Game Players Issue 14 August 1990 (scan #79)

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

As well as:

Game Players Issue 23 May 1991 (scan #80)

Game Players Issue 24 June 1991 (scan #81)

And the long-awaited (by me) GamePro Issue 4 November 1989 (scan #82)

Also coming are three scans by Phillyman that I edited. They are:

Duo World Issue 1 July-August 1993

JoyStik Issue 1 September 1982

Mega Play Issue 26 February-March 1995

Up next: Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 39 October 1992 (scan #83)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And the long-awaited (by me) GamePro Issue 4 November 1989 (scan #82)

index.php?app=gallery&module=images§

This is one I'm really looking forward to as well.

The 'Hot at the Arcades' column of course has Golden Axe, and the photo of it made me aware of the game for the first time. I had never heard of it until this issue.

• Retromags Curator

E-Day has uploaded everything that he has (that I am missing) and I will be downloading all those magazines this weekend. After they have been downloaded, I will create MD5 checksum values for all of them, rename them and extract out the covers......then I can mass upload them into our restored Download Manager. Between E-day, Emol and Marktrade.....I have around 120-140 uploads being restored. It should only take me a week to get all of those uploaded :)

• Like 2

• Retromags Curator

E-Day has uploaded everything that he has (that I am missing) and I will be downloading all those magazines this weekend. After they have been downloaded, I will create MD5 checksum values for all of them, rename them and extract out the covers......then I can mass upload them into our restored Download Manager. Between E-day, Emol and Marktrade.....I have around 120-140 uploads being restored. It should only take me a week to get all of those uploaded :)

I didn't upload anything that I scanned since the plan to keep everything on our own server got moving, which was March. Those I will upload when everything is in place so that the new content doesn't get lost amongst everything else.

Going through this whole topic to make a list of what I have scanned, I noticed that my scan count is off by two. It should be 87 as far as what I kept track of in here. During the three years I didn't update the thread, I scanned a pile of stuff. 159 in the file manager going off of memory and checking files for the way I do things, plus seven I haven't uploaded yet. The new total will be 167, including Game Players Issue 2. I've spent a lot of time on this site!

• Retromags Curator

Can someone remind me who it was that donated the SWATPro, Game Players Issue 2 and two issues of VG&CE to me recently? I would like to give proper donation credit to them, but didn't note who donated what. I know Sean697 donated a stack of EGMs and Game Player's to me. I was also got a box full of Nintendo Power issues from someone, but I think that was through Facebook.

You great people need to be credited!

• Like 1

Can someone remind me who it was that donated the SWATPro, Game Players Issue 2 and two issues of VG&CE to me recently? I would like to give proper donation credit to them, but didn't note who donated what. I know Sean697 donated a stack of EGMs and Game Player's to me. I was also got a box full of Nintendo Power issues from someone, but I think that was through Facebook.

You great people need to be credited!

I had to go research everything I sent you but in July I sent:

EGM: 79,85,86,88,89,91,92,94,95,96,99,101,102,103,105,106,111,112,115,123,124.

And in November I sent:

Sega Force EGM supplement with Joe Montana on cover.

Joystick 9

Game Player's: Nov 89, Dec 89, Feb 90, Mar 90, Aug 90, May 91, Jun 91

EGM: 39,46,47,49,76,80.

That's I believe it. Anything else were Next Generations I mailed to John Smith to complete his collection to scan.(I believe he has a full set after I filled in the missing issues he didn't have.)

• Retromags Curator

So I have almost all the donated magazines accounted for. All the EGMs I still have to scan were from Sean697, and a follower on Facebook sent me a box of Nintendo Power issues.

The only issues I don't have a donor marked down for is that issue of VG&CE I put up as well as issue 2 of Game Player's.

• 2 weeks later...