E-Day's Work In Progress

E-Day

EGM Issue 96 July 1997 is now available. This is the first time I had to scan a pop-up (Herc's Adventures ad).

Ah I remember that pop up hercs adventure as well. I see how you did that. Did you have to you to somehow take it apart to flatten it like that? I noticed they didn't even bother including those 4 pages as part of the page numbers. Once again nice Starfox poster.

• Retromags Curator

Ah I remember that pop up hercs adventure as well. I see how you did that. Did you have to you to somehow take it apart to flatten it like that? I noticed they didn't even bother including those 4 pages as part of the page numbers. Once again nice Starfox poster.

I had to push it down flat to the point where it became unattached from the main page. It was the only way I could think of doing it. Hopefully that is the first and last pop-up ad I come across.

I don't think I've ever seen issue 96 of EGM. That cover brings no feeling of recognition at all. I mean, beyond playing Fighting Force a bunch. :)

Edited to add: OK, now that I've read this one, I REALLY cannot wait to see issue 96 if there's a Deathtrap Dungeon feature! :)

*huggles*

Areala

Aha. Mystery solved. I just noticed I already had Issue 96 on my hard drive...with a different cover (the same as the one I got in my subscription, which is why I didn't recognize E-Day's cover, despite the fact that I knew I own the actual magazine).

I just uploaded the other cover. :)

EGM 096 Jul 1997

• Like 2

Aha. Mystery solved. I just noticed I already had Issue 96 on my hard drive...with a different cover (the same as the one I got in my subscription, which is why I didn't recognize E-Day's cover, despite the fact that I knew I own the actual magazine).

I just uploaded the other cover. :)

So I was digging a little, I want to document this so we can get the cover added to our scan. And there is at least one more alternate cover for this issue.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321988652857&globalID=EBAY-US

I'm willing to bet there are more. I'm going to add this to my EGM audit thread to we can be sure to get all the covers in the future.

So I was digging a little, I want to document this so we can get the cover added to our scan. And there is at least one more alternate cover for this issue.http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321988652857&globalID=EBAY-US

I'm willing to bet there are more. I'm going to add this to my EGM audit thread to we can be sure to get all the covers in the future.

I also stumbled on an alternate cover for EGM 89.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131708509641&globalID=EBAY-US

So I was digging a little, I want to document this so we can get the cover added to our scan. And there is at least one more alternate cover for this issue.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321988652857&globalID=EBAY-US

Well, as I said, I own the issue. If no one else gets to it first, I can scan it the next time I visit home (xmas holidays at the earliest, unfortunately). I don't have EGM 89, though.

• Like 1

I used to have the issue with the Apocalypse cover. Maybe ask Jake if it was amongst the lot of magazines I sent him many years ago (if he still has them).

I just purchased it on eBay. Just to scan the cover. Now if someone can get the Gex 3 scan. I, waiting for an issue cheaper than 15.00.

Up next is Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 105 April 1998 with that awful cover (scan #212).

Now I'm confused. I already have a scan of that mag, and when I looked at it, it has a retromags splash page at the end (an older-style one). But it isn't available now. What happened?

Also, now that I look at it, the scan of #96 with the alternate Gex cover also came from Retromags. Why then are we looking for a new scan of that cover? Is it a quality issue?

Now I'm confused. I already have a scan of that mag, and when I looked at it, it has a retromags splash page at the end (an older-style one). But it isn't available now. What happened?

Also, now that I look at it, the scan of #96 with the alternate Gex cover also came from Retromags. Why then are we looking for a new scan of that cover? Is it a quality issue?

Probrably was a really old scan that got pulled from the site when people took there scans down.

Since the new scan of 96 is in higher quality , you'd want to include a scan of equal quality to go with it. What is the resolution of the Gex 3 cover scan you have?

Edited by Sean697

Probrably was a really old scan that got pulled from the site when people took there scans down.

Since the new scan of 96 is in higher quality , you'd want to include a scan of equal quality to go with it. What is the resolution of the Gex 3 cover scan you have?

1400x1847. A bit low. But it looks fine to me (although I cleaned it up a bit before uploading a smaller copy to the gallery). Maybe on a bigger monitor (mine's only 21.5") the lower resolution would be more noticeable.

1400x1847. A bit low. But it looks fine to me (although I cleaned it up a bit before uploading a smaller copy to the gallery). Maybe on a bigger monitor (mine's only 21.5") the lower resolution would be more noticeable.

So eday is that good enough to throw in the scan with the Armageddon cover? That's not bad.

Your version of 105 is old, and probably not cleaned up. I have the old version, and it's named 105r, which means raw (unedited).

I can try adding that alt cover and see how it looks.

If you don't already have it, here it is. As I said before, I own this issue, so I could provide a better scan, but not till 9 months from now at the earliest.

http://s17.postimg.org/kh7hfaub3/electronic_gaming_monthly_096_1997_jul_001.jpg

• Retromags Curator

It can wait. I am hesitant about updating a scan with additional covers unless they are all included. I don't want to update a scan three times because we slowly got the remaining three alternate covers :). I feel that would make it tedious for everyone if they are constantly having to download the same issue repeatedly.

If you don't already have it, here it is. As I said before, I own this issue, so I could provide a better scan, but not till 9 months from now at the earliest.

http://s17.postimg.org/kh7hfaub3/electronic_gaming_monthly_096_1997_jul_001.jpg

And here is the other one,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymhk7a4jv28mz56/EGM%2096%20cover%203%20of%203.tif?dl=0

That actually is all of them. As far as I could find scouring the Internet. The Fighting Force, Apoyclype, and Gex 3 cover. The other featured game that issue was Star Wars : Masters of Tera Kasi, which they used for the issue 97 cover. So I think that is it.

I don't think that I've knowingly downloaded an issue that has multiple covers, so I don't know how you guys handle that kind of thing. When there are multiple covers do you go through all the work of scanning each magazine in its entirety to make them available as separate downloads, or do you just scan each cover and include them all in the single scanned magazine so that all of the covers come in one?

I don't think that I've knowingly downloaded an issue that has multiple covers, so I don't know how you guys handle that kind of thing. When there are multiple covers do you go through all the work of scanning each magazine in its entirety to make them available as separate downloads, or do you just scan each cover and include them all in the single scanned magazine so that all of the covers come in one?

We have some. Why would you scan the whole magazine again????

You can make the covers page 1a,b,c etc.

Or you can put them at the end of the scan. Really up to the scanner.