E-Day's Work In Progress

E-Day

• Retromags Curator

Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 133 August 2000 is now available.

Up next is Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 134 September 2000 (scan #228). Mine has a different cover. Does anyone know how many covers this issue had?

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Err let me check. Frank Cifaldi recently released the high res image files from this issue in Twitter he ripped off a Zip disk from Nintendo he got from EGM. There were I think 4 files including this picture. What one do you have?

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/725128721515057154

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/725032196529119232

I think the 2nd set of pictures is from the earlier Pokemon issue. I've inly seen one other cover of this one so far with the bird with the colorful feathers Pokemon(Sorry I don't know their names). So it seems like maybe only 2 covers? One for gold and one for silver.

Here is a link to the eBay item with the gold cover. (Above is the Silver you posted)

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222102032709

Edited by Sean697

• Retromags Curator

I have the one in that eBay listing, the gold cover with Pokémon #250 Ho-Oh.

An image search of Google only seems to bring up two different covers. If I could get a larger image of the cover I could include it with my scan. Anyone have this Silver cover on hand?

• Retromags Curator

Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 136 November 2000 is now available. This darn issue had two double-sided posters with it, which annoyed me. It also accounts for part of the 530-meg file size.

Up next is Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 137 December 2000 (scan #231). This is the last EGM in my possession.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 2

• Retromags Curator

I have a box of Nintendo Power and GamePro to keep me going for a long while.

Anyhow, Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 137 December 2000 is now available. That is the last of the EGMs that I have. What's next? I am not sure. A little break, and then maybe I will scan the six issues of InterAction that I acquired.

• Like 3

• Retromags Curator

I currently have a copy of VG&CE from March 1990 that has no covers. The version we have could use an update. If anyone has the issue and could scan the inside and outside front and back covers, I could get a new version of this issue on the site.

• Retromags Curator

After I scan the VG&CE with no cover so I can rid myself of the paper pages, I will scan the six issues of Sierra's InterAction magazine. After that, it's a toss up between the pile of GamePro issues I have, the pile of Nintendo powers, or a the pile of selected magazines donated to me by pauljustice. They include several issues of Super NES Buyer's Guide, EGM2, Fusion, and some others.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

After I scan the VG&CE with no cover so I can rid myself of the paper pages, I will scan the six issues of Sierra's InterAction magazine. After that, it's a toss up between the pile of GamePro issues I have, the pile of Nintendo powers, or a the pile of selected magazines donated to me by pauljustice. They include several issues of Super NES Buyer's Guide, EGM2, Fusion, and some others.

My vote is for the paulijustice donations. We've got plenty of GamePro and Nintendo Power to go around. Let's start filling in some of those more niche titles. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Super NES Buyer's Guide Issue 5 February 1993 is now available.

Up next: Super NES Buyer's Guide Issue 8 July 1993 (scan #245)

The cover would normally go here, but it's not available until I scan it. I have some label glue to remove first :)

Awesome, thanks E-Day.

I vote to preserve Super NES Buyer's Guide Issue 11 January 1994 :)

look at some of the contents:

• Feedback
    Gamers voice their opinions on the Multitap adapter, Japanese 'clean-ups' and more!
  • SNES Hi-Tech
    Nintendo talks specifics on their Project Reality, a 64-Bit wonder that could change the industry.
  • SNES Tricks
    The Trickman's got tricks for Super Empire Strikes Back: Sound Test, 7 credits, and more!
  • Future Play
    Take a look at the latest games to hit the industry such as the incredible Final Fantasy VI!
Future Play:
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Citadel
  • Eek the Cat
  • Tony Meolas' Sidekicks Soccer
  • Alcahest
  • The Peace Keepers
  • Winter Extreme
  • X-Kaliber 2097
  • Addams Family Values
  • Rocko's Modern Life
  • Great Battle Gaiden 2
  • Romancing Sa-Ga 2
  • Spellcraft
  • Super Pinball
  • T2: The Arcade
  • Metal Combat
  • Mighty Max

Super NES Previews:

• Rabbit Rampage
  • NBA Jam
  • R-Type III: The Third Lightning
  • Super Alfred Chicken
  • Gaia Fantasy
  • Champions: World Class Soccrt
  • Super Goal!

https://www.retromags.com/magazines/category/usa/super-nes-buyers-guide/super-nes-buyers-guide-issue-11#.V38XVfkrKM9