E-Day's Work In Progress

E-Day

I'll be working at a slower pace since I can no longer do the editing at work during slow periods. IT disabled use of the USB ports on all the computers in the department unless you have a secured drive provided by them. So all the editing will have to be done at home now.

I've always suspected that some of you speedier guys were doing stuff at/instead of work. :) I can't even access the internet at work, and even if I did have any downtime (ha), I'd never be able to get away with doing anything related to the site on my computer in the (always occupied) staffroom.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

I've always suspected that some of you speedier guys were doing stuff at/instead of work. :) I can't even access the internet at work, and even if I did have any downtime (ha), I'd never be able to get away with doing anything related to the site on my computer in the (always occupied) staffroom.

*LOL*

Just imagining how the conversation would go is making me hurt myself. "Kitsunebi-san...what is this?" :)

*huggles*

Areala

Ya, if I could do this at work I'd be pumping this stuff out. Because I have tons of free time. I've actually done stuff like editing and writing magazine pages in the database at work. My problem is not the storage, it's the programs. I can't install software on our work computer so I can't use photoshop. If I could do that, oh man. It was slow today, I watched an NBA game, and played my 3DS for around 5 hours maybe. In between doing my routine work stuff.

I was thinking ideally I'd get a laptop I can use and hook it up to one of the spare monitors in our dual desktop display. But I'm not ready to drop that kind of money for that.

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, E-Day said:

Here you go.

WIN_20170823_22_05_42_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170823_22_05_47_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170823_22_05_54_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170823_22_06_00_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170823_22_06_07_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170823_22_07_15_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170823_22_07_35_Pro.jpg

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! no way!! for the luv of the mag god! this would complete the 2000 collection... o god u need to do me a favor

WIN_20170823_22_05_54_Pro.jpg 

since i lke onimusha a lot...finished my first in 2010!!(saw the memory card) i would love to see this feb 2001 mag the one above the jan 97 gold mag its the one with onimusha cover!!! even if you can scan few pages a day and upload those pages  bit a bitfor me to edit

Edited by Melki

• Retromags Curator

I could scan an issue a night with my ADF. The problem is the pages are so thin that they often get sucked in crooked, and the edge of the page that goes through last gets cut off a bit. That's normally not a problem, but GamePro liked putting info close to the bottom of their pages. The last GamePro I scanned I had to go back and rescan almost half the pages.

1 hour ago, E-Day said:

I could scan an issue a night with my ADF. The problem is the pages are so thin that they often get sucked in crooked, and the edge of the page that goes through last gets cut off a bit. That's normally not a problem, but GamePro liked putting info close to the bottom of their pages. The last GamePro I scanned I had to go back and rescan almost half the pages.

mmmmh how the others scan the gamepros? or is it because the scanner is different?. does reducing the speed works better? rotating the pages  my help i can rotate in the editing if theres less info and you can start with the ones with few pages (2003-2005) after the one from onimusha lol

i dont know about ADF so i may be writing nonsense. anyway i dont think it would look worse than this one 

2 hours ago, E-Day said:

The others have a $500 ADF scanner. Mine is a $200 all-in-one colour laser printer. And I don't really have the time to scan things on a flatbed scanner anymore.

I also can't adjust the speed at which the scanner pulls pages in.

I understand.....

:( no onimusha gamepro for me or should i have hope T.T

4 minutes ago, KiwiArcader said:

Yep. The scanner I use (Fi-5650c) is the previous version of Marktrade's Fi-6670.

http://www.proscan.co.nz/fujitsu-fi-6670-document-scanner

If it dies on me I will likely give up scanning as I couldn't deal with a A4 or A3 flatbed scanner after having one of these.

Holy cow take care of it!! .... Btw do u have any missing gamepro laying around? looooool im editig missing issues

• 2 months later...
  • Retromags Curator

So last December I said I was scanning Nintendo Power Issue 156 May 2000. I don't think I did that one. If I did, I didn't edit and release it, for two reasons: My ADF tends to pull pages in quite crooked sometimes, and because Nintendo Power doesn't leave a lot of space at the top and bottom of the pages, often content gets cut off, so I have to manually run the pages through again, which is annoying and a huge hassle. The second reason is that Phillyman supposedly has that issue, along with a bunch of others I was goign to scan. And since his ADF is miles better than mine, I would rather he scan them.

What I did scan months ago was Issue 8 of EGM2. I set it aside for when there was nothing of Phillyman's to edit. I started editing it earlier this month, and after a dozen pages saw that a lot of pages went in crooked, or there was a tiny piece of glue on the spine which caused the scanner to muck up the scan by stretching part of that page. So I'm rescanning it on my flatbed Canon Lide 220. I did about half last night, and will finish it up shortly.

So up next, officially, is EGM2 Issue 8 February 1995 (scan #278). I'll be updating this cover as well.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

Still slowly chugging along. If I wasn't fighting with kodi on my Raspberry Pi 3, I would have been finished days ago. If anyone is an expert in all the screwiness that is kodi, let me know. Maybe you can figure out the problems I am having. Or if you have a better option than kodi on a Pi 3, I am open to that as well. :)

• Retromags Curator

EGM2 Issue 8 is now available. And so is the GamePro Super Mario RPG Strategy Guide supplement.

What next? I have a large stack of GamePro and a large Stack of Nintendo Power. I have some that were already disassembled for scanning with my ADF. I will probably rescan those with my flatbed...

• Like 1