E-Day's Work In Progress

E-Day

2 hours ago, DaBCGang said:

Castlevania symphony of the night survival guide

Cool! I don't think I've seen too many SotN guides scanned. The ones I know of in English are the was one by Prima, one by BradyGames, and then the Survival Guide. It was never a huge game so it didn't get many guides.

2 hours ago, DaBCGang said:

Cleaning out my mothers house and have come across some magazines that might fill in some gaps. Wondering if this is the right place to post them so I can donate them since I can't scan them.

Official playstation magazine 72, 71, 13, 14, 12, 38

Nintendo Power 129, 130, 128

Wcw nwo revenge prima official guide

Might come across more later. If this is the wrong place where else can I donate them?

I Was thinking about  i might start scanning again  but got no mags to add on here. Where are you located and what are the conditions of these mags?

14 hours ago, MigJmz said:

I Was thinking about  i might start scanning again  but got no mags to add on here. Where are you located and what are the conditions of these mags?

I'm in the US and all of them are in great shape save one that has kind of a jank cover but the inside is good.

3 hours ago, MigJmz said:

Would you send them to California and are you asking for money or is this a free donation?

This is a free donation.

I hate tossing all of them away like this but I just don't have room for boxes of old magazines. Though I did take care to check and see if each one was on the site or not already.

I have so many game informers for example, some of which are fairly old, but I see those aren't allowed on the site. If there was some way to keep track of what could potentially be used in the future I would donate those as well but as it stands they are getting tossed.

1 hour ago, DaBCGang said:

This is a free donation.

I hate tossing all of them away like this but I just don't have room for boxes of old magazines. Though I did take care to check and see if each one was on the site or not already.

I have so many game informers for example, some of which are fairly old, but I see those aren't allowed on the site. If there was some way to keep track of what could potentially be used in the future I would donate those as well but as it stands they are getting tossed.

I'll take any mag you dont want anymore if thats the case even the ones not allowed. Some day it'll be allowed.

25 minutes ago, MigJmz said:

I'll take any mag you dont want anymore if thats the case even the ones not allowed. Some day it'll be allowed.

I'm more than happy to ship the missing ones, but I sure don't have the money to ship all the others haha. When I said I have a lot I meant it.

Shoot me your details and I will get the missing ones out to you at least.

Also I found some nintendo power guides for yoshi story and zelda. They have cover images but no download. Does that mean they are on the site or not?

1 hour ago, DaBCGang said:

I'm more than happy to ship the missing ones, but I sure don't have the money to ship all the others haha. When I said I have a lot I meant it.

Shoot me your details and I will get the missing ones out to you at least.

Also I found some Nintendo Power guides for yoshi story and zelda. They have cover images but no download. Does that mean they are on the site or not?

Great! If they are not in the Downloads  section then we dont have it. I'll message you my address. 

• Retromags Curator
1 hour ago, jdjenkins83 said:

Did you also get the January 1991 issue of VG&CE scanned yet?

I did, but it's missing two pages. One of them is the table of contents. So I'm not releasing it until I can come across another issue or someone can scan the two missing pages for me.

• Retromags Curator

So over the last two weeks I have gone through two boxes and scanned almost everything. It's a long list; 122 magazines with a lot of new scans and a lot of rescans to replace older versions or less than optimal scans. I'm not going to list it all out here, but here's an image of the folder they're all in.

image.png

That brings the scan total to 938.

This is going to take a long time to edit 😐

Final count: Official playstation magazine 72, 71, 13, 14, 12, 38

Nintendo Power 129, 130, 128

Wcw nwo revenge prima official guide

Super Gameboy complete guide

Silicon Mag episode 30?

I also found some old strategy guides but still trying to decide if I should donate these as they can go for a pretty high price especially since they are all in great condition.

Ehrgeiz official fighters guide brady games

Yoshis story official nintendo players guide

Legend of zelda official nintendo players guide

Super mario 64 official nintendo players guide

Legend of legaia prima official strategy guide

Final fantasy chronicles official guide

Wild arms official playstation strategy guide

Suikoden 2 prima official strategy guide

Final fantasy tactics prima official strategy guide

• 3 months later...

I saw you redid issue 100. I didnt check it yet, but did it have the original poster in your scan? That had all the first 100 EGM issues? I years ago when I was scanning picked up the issue with the poster but could never get a good scan on the flatbed with it. Eventually would like to see it added to the scan if you didnt already. Maybe Ill get some time to start scanning again. But what’s the best way to fine a large format scanner? I couldnt find one locally.

• Retromags Curator

The only poster in the issue was the Tomb Raider II/Fighting Force poster.

I'm not sure about finding a large format flatbed. I just do all posters on my normal flatbed, scanning it in sections, as many as it takes.

If you manage to get it scanned I would definitely want to add it to this scan. You don't even have to edit it. I'll do that part.

17 hours ago, Sean697 said:

I saw you redid issue 100. I didnt check it yet, but did it have the original poster in your scan? That had all the first 100 EGM issues? I years ago when I was scanning picked up the issue with the poster but could never get a good scan on the flatbed with it. Eventually would like to see it added to the scan if you didnt already. Maybe Ill get some time to start scanning again. But what’s the best way to fine a large format scanner? I couldnt find one locally.

I only have half of that poster did it come all together or in seperate issues?

1 hour ago, MigJmz said:

I only have half of that poster did it come all together or in seperate issues?

It was one large poster in issue 100. A few years ago when I was trying to make EGM complete I actually came across a bagged issue of 100 to rescan because the existing scan here was horrible. Tried scanning the poster. So its fantastic that we got a new scan from E-Day . really wanted to preserve that poster. Also this issue had a great fold out cover.

• Retromags Curator

Something is making me think that CIVICMINDED sent me two copies of that issue and that one of them was still bagged. If that is the case then I have the copy still bagged somewhere. I'll have to check the boxes of magazines I plan on selling to see if that's the case.

• Retromags Curator

So I do have a sealed bagged copy of issue 100. It has several goodies. There's a booklet that I think is about Tiger Electronics. There's some poster for a game and then there's the cover poster. However, the bag everything is packed in says "Last of Three-Part Poster", and I assume they mean the cover poster because with the size of the covers and the text blurb included with each, there is no way they fit 100 covers on what they included here.

13 hours ago, E-Day said:

So I do have a sealed bagged copy of issue 100. It has several goodies. There's a booklet that I think is about Tiger Electronics. There's some poster for a game and then there's the cover poster. However, the bag everything is packed in says "Last of Three-Part Poster", and I assume they mean the cover poster because with the size of the covers and the text blurb included with each, there is no way they fit 100 covers on what they included here.

Oh I got the poster. I could send it to you if you wanted to add it. I just havent found a good way to scan it. My flat bad just couldnt get get it and I gave up in frustration trying to stitch it together