Retro Gaming Purchases!

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

I keep bouncing all over the place with my Retro Purchases.....These are on my hot list....

Factory Sealed Dreamcast

3DO FZ-1

Sega CD

Sega Nomad

Nights into Dreams

Daytona USA

More Atari 2600 games

Atari 5200 System

Atari Lynx version 2

Atari Jaguar

Turbo Grafx 16

Neo Geo

Colecovision

Any Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania games I am missing

Virtual Boy

Jet Set Radio

We will see what I find a good deal on first :)

It seems I keep missing new posts on topics I'm actually interested in, instead of the "do you clean your keyboard" updates. :huh:

That's a great price for those games.

I only collect Japanese NeoGeo games though.

Let me jump on the Neo Geo love bandwagon with my latest games. ;)

Ghost Pilots

7024_1.JPG

ASO II

P1060632.JPG

Both boxes are in not so great condition due to being of the cardboard variety, but the carts themselves look mint, which I why I bought them.

I'll get a clamshell version of both in the future, but for the price I just couldn't resist. ASO II only cost me $10! :o

Yeah I only have a few English Neo games. 3 Count Bout, Blues Journey, and Magician Lord. 3 Count bout for $18... well I couldn't pass that up. Blues Journey I got because I didn't want the Japanese version since it was in the cardboard box (Raguy). And Magician Lord was New Sealed Copy (but I opened it anyway)

Anyway here are my new games that I just got today.

capvs.JPGgolf.jpgKOF.JPG

Oh and a little bit of this:

baraka_obama.gif

Ok no I didn't get MK or Barak Obama but... I just made that gif a few days ago so I thought I'd include it.

Oh and meppi incase your wondering... That ebay auction that I said I had thought might be a scammer, well, it was. I ended up threatening the guy and reporting him to ebay and finally by his own will he refunded my money and apologized. But an apology is not good enough when you perpously try to rip someone off. But hey I got my money back.

I just bought over 900 nes games mint for 2k I hope that was a good deal

Wow! You got quite a few duplicates there. Hopefully for that price you at least got a complete set of NES games with maybe a few exceptions such as the World Championship cat. Because that game alone is worth more than $2000

• Retromags Curator

Ah, Neo Geo; the system that no one could afford. That's how I remember that beast. $500 console and $230 games. Yeesh.

These are on my hot list....

Factory Sealed Dreamcast

3DO FZ-1

Sega CD

Sega Nomad

Nights into Dreams

Daytona USA

More Atari 2600 games

Atari 5200 System

Atari Lynx version 2

Atari Jaguar

Turbo Grafx 16

Neo Geo

Colecovision

Any Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania games I am missing

Virtual Boy

Jet Set Radio

We will see what I find a good deal on first :)

Geez, you should havementioned this earlier. Earlier this year I had a complete boxed Atari Jaguar, and the Jaguar CD, with a small stack of games that I ditched on eBay, and last month I also ditched a complete in box TG-16.

I have Daytona USA, but it's my only copy so it's mine! I have 4 Sega CDs (2 model 1 and 2 Model 2, one brand new in the box and everything. But since those have moving parts and are prone to break over time, they all act as backups to each other. If you are desperate like a $5 hooker, I might be able to get one of the Model 1 ones go :)

Glad you at least got your money back in the end.

Yeah, I don't like the cardboard boxes either. Even though there are collectors out there who those are the most collectible.

I just love the clamshell boxes.

Big Tournament Golf is fantastic BTW. Got my own copy last year during the summer vacation and it one of my favorite old school golf games. Can't get any better than with Arcade golf games can you. ;)

[lame joke]When I saw the gif without reading the text I was sure you were about to say Obaraka. :P[/lame joke]

Glad you at least got your money back in the end.

Yeah, I don't like the cardboard boxes either. Even though there are collectors out there who those are the most collectible.

I just love the clamshell boxes.

Big Tournament Golf is fantastic BTW. Got my own copy last year during the summer vacation and it one of my favorite old school golf games. Can't get any better than with Arcade golf games can you. ;)

[lame joke]When I saw the gif without reading the text I was sure you were about to say Obaraka. :P[/lame joke]

That's actually the NGPC version of Big Tournament Golf. Though I'm still trying to get the AES version. First time I played that game is on the PSP Neo-Geo Collection and I fell in love with it. The NGPC version was done really well. No where near compairing with the AES of course but very good game none the less.

Oh and it's Baraka Obama :lol:

GlRO7Jh2SR.jpg

This one I didn't make my self just found it online.

• Retromags Curator

This is the full list of games in those two pictures......A * denotes something that I dont already own a copy of. I am hoping to trade my doubles with other people who have doubles of games I dont have.

Adventure x2

Air Sea Battle *

Asteroids

Atlantis *

Barnstorming *

Basketball x2

Berkerk x2

Bowling

Breakout

Championship Soccer *

Chopper Command *

Circus Atari x2

Combat

Cosmic Ark x2 *

Crystal Castles *

Decathlon *

Defender x2

Demon Attack

Dig Dug x2 *

Donkey Kong

Fast Food *

Football x2 *

Frogger

Frostbite *

Galaxian *

Grand Prix *

Gun Slinger *

Haunted House x2

Home Run x2 *

Indy 500 x2 *

Joust x2

Jungle Hunt

Kaboom

Laser Gates *

Missile Command x2

Moonsweeper *

Mouse Trap *

Ms Pac-Man x3 *

Night Driver x2 *

Pac Man x2

Pele Soccer *

Phoenix *

Pitfall x2

Planet Patrol *

Pressure Cooker *

Q*Bert

Quick Step *

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Real Sports Football *

River Raid *

Seaquest *

Skiing

Sneak'n Peek *

Space Invaders x3

Space Jockey *

Speedway 2 *

Star Raiders *

Starmaster x2 *

Street Racer x3 *

Super Breakout

Super Cobra *

Swordquest *

Tank Plus *

Venture *

Video Olympics x2

Video Pinball x2

Warlords x2

I remember having some kind of VCS game that you could flip it over. It was 2 games in one but I can't remember what it was called. You put the game in the slot like normal and if you didn't want to play that game you flip it around to the other side and play that one. Though the cart was bigger than a normal cart. Actually it was bigger than 2x the size of a regular cart.

• Retromags Curator
I remember having some kind of VCS game that you could flip it over. It was 2 games in one but I can't remember what it was called. You put the game in the slot like normal and if you didn't want to play that game you flip it around to the other side and play that one. Though the cart was bigger than a normal cart. Actually it was bigger than 2x the size of a regular cart.

I have seen them before, the first one that comes to my mind is Chuck Norris

doublelm5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Phillyman, did your "The Castlevania Adventure" for the Game Boy come with the box and instructions? I ask because I sold my cart years ago and found the box with the manual inside a year later. It's missing the plastic blister for supporting the cart still though, but that's probably minor. So let me know if you're interested in getting it.

Also, to everyone else, I found the boxes with the manual and other stuff inside for:

The Castlevania Adventure - Game Boy (as stated above, missing plastic support blister)

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Game Boy (not the DX color one)

Secret of Mana - SNES

Chrono Trigger - SNES

Remember, these have everything included except for the game cartridges themselves. The boxes are in good shape, but are a bit indentation creased in spots from being stacked up over the years. I'm willing to possibly give some of these up for free unless someone wants to pay a fair price for them (a CT box is up to $15 on eBay right now). I thought I'd ask here first if anyone wants them, since I've been procrastinating in getting them sold or given away.

Sorry Phillyman if this seems like blatant advertising. That's not what I intended, as I just thought of this after finally reading this thread. If you want to delete this post, PM me if and where I can post this in another forum section. Thanks.

Just came in straight from Japan with EMS shipping! Didn't have to pay import tax either! Woot!

F-ZeroClimax.jpg

The 3rd F-Zero on GBA which didn't get released outside Japan.

I know what I'll be playing with tonight in bed.... :D

.................... :o

goteamkris3lw.gif

I have seen them before, the first one that comes to my mind is Chuck Norris

doublelm5.jpg

Yes... that's it. Except the one I had was some kind of Haunted House game or something. But it was not "Haunted House"

Just came in straight from Japan with EMS shipping! Didn't have to pay import tax either! Woot!

F-ZeroClimax.jpg

The 3rd F-Zero on GBA which didn't get released outside Japan.

I know what I'll be playing with tonight in bed.... :D

.................... :o

goteamkris3lw.gif

Wouldn't that be like the 4th game then? There was F-Zero 2 on the Super Famicom BS. But I don't know if it was a full game or not.

Wouldn't that be like the 4th game then? There was F-Zero 2 on the Super Famicom BS. But I don't know if it was a full game or not.

It's actually the 9th F-Zero Game and the 3rd one on the GBA.

F-Zero SNES

F-Zero 2 SNES Satellite Service

F-Zero X N64

F-Zero X Expansion for the N64DD

F-Zero Maximum Velocity GBA

F-Zero AX Arcade

F-Zero GX GX

F-Zero GP Legend GBA

F-Zero Climax GBA

The sad part seems to be that it's not as good as it's predecessor F-Zero GP Legend.

It's not a bad game or anything, but they have changed the gameplay so that you need to do a side dash to get through most of the turns in one piece. The brake has been cut down significantly and the ships feel much more floaty so taking corners is much more difficult.

It might be just me, and hopefully I just need to adapt to the game.

But I went back to Legend and liked it so much more simply because it has much more of a classical SNES F-Zero feel to it.

It seems like they based Climax more around the GX game and tried to evolve that, but I'm not a big fan of that. :mellow:

A real shame...