Retro Gaming Purchases!

Phillyman

Picked them up used at my local Gamestop, Its only the cartridges, no manual or boxes

Ah, that explains it.

These came on Friday, but I was a bit embarrassed to post them as well seeing as how much came in that day.

I'm so happy I finally got these:

YggdraShiningForce.jpg

After the awesomeness that was Cosmic Smash, I was awaiting these, which just arrived:

Blood Factory and WipEout XL (or Loaded and WipEout 2097)

BloodfactoryWipeoutXL.jpg

Street Fighter III Double Impact and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike:

SFIIIs.jpg

Jajamaru Jr. Denshouki + Hajime no Ippon + KOF EX2 ..... Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 + Lufia Ruins of Lore

GBA.jpgDQM2Lufia.jpg

Hey Meppi, how much all up.

For the 12 games in the last 2 posts it came to €234 including shipping.

Most of them are in mint condition and some even new.

The only one that was in "good" condition is the Japanese Ridge Racer V, but it was only €10.

Always wanted a Japanese copy ever since I got my import system as the European version had some huge black borders and ran quite slow.

So an underrated racer as well. I remember how much hate the 5th installment got, and yet once I picked up my Pal PS2 when Virtua Fighter 4 came out, I didn't know what the problem was.

It's a great arcade racer. Perhaps all of the complains were by people wanting a more sim style racer or something.

Awesome, I converted how much it cost you in Euros to how many Australian Dollars and US Dollars for you folks out there in the states:

AUD $384.997

USD $368.856

but yeah, wow! I don't have the money to spend for all those games but look at those titles.

I love seeing the retro boxes and how they were packaged. For some reason that fascinates me so much.

Ouch, that makes it seem like so much money. :unsure:

Oh well. I've done worse. ;)

There definitely is a collectibility facet to buying retro games, but I only buy games that I actually want to play. So I won't be putting them up in a cabinet just to look at and keep them in shrink wrap.

And having always bought Pal games since I was little, it's a bit like discovering them all over again when finally getting an original nice looking Japanese copy.

We always got bad conversions in the past, like with Ridge Racer above for example. So I love to play these classics now in the way they were originally meant to be played. (full screen, full speed)

What I love most about these retro games, besides the games themselves is indeed the incredible package you get, especially with Japanese releases.

Great artwork and wonderful box design, coupled with full color manuals with even more art inside.

Overall there's so much more care being put into the design of the packages over there, you just got to admire that.

Even with Famicom games, I just love the tiny bits in the manuals. Which sometimes aren't even in color, but they are still so nice to look at.

As an example, a page out of Super Xevious for the Famicom:

SuperXevious.jpg

Yeah, I'm not saying that I'm going to get a game just for the boxart, but they put so much more effort into their packaging and I would keep them so safe.

Anyway, I want to take a look and actually get a SNES again cause mine got destroyed. I'm looking around on eBay right now.

EDIT:

I got my new Import 128 MB Mem Card for the Gamecube (should this go in Current Gen--I put it here since Gamecube is not curernt gen anymore) but it does fit in the Wii. Here are some pics. NOTE: I did not take these pictures, these pictures are from another site:

sku_4417_1.jpg

sku_4417_6.jpg

It's kind of a tight fit to get into the Gamecube/Wii (I use my Wii) but I guess if you just leave it in there theres no need for taking it out all the time.

It cost me $5.00 including shipping $5.00 (AUD) so $10 althogether.

Adrian.

Well the last package just arrived. :)

Can't go wrong with a couple of spare sealed DC Pal games for not even €3 a pop. ;)

MSR-1.jpg

Quake3-1.jpg

VirtuaFighter3TB-1.jpg

Always wanted one of these little guys, but couldn't get a hold of them. Untill now. :)

PelucheKuribo-1.jpg

And last but not least:

GuruLogicChamp-3.jpg

Best part is that it's indeed a genuine 100% official new copy of the game. :Yahooo:

• Retromags Curator

Picking this up off tomorrow from a local craigslist ad

$40 for the following

Sega Master System w/one Regular controller, 3 joystick controllers and a gun.

A/V cable included, Missing the AC Adapter

Games included:

Parlour Games, Missile Defense 3-D, Black Belt, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Great Football, Hang On & Safari Hunt, Rastan, Quartet, Pro Wrestling, Great Baseball, World Grand Prix, Double Dragon, Thunder Blade, Choplifter, Action Fighter, Wonder Boy, Super Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Fantasy Zone.

01010701020801160320080je7.jpg

01010301150201030220080ft3.jpg

Oh and I bought one of these for $20! Keeping all my GBA and GB games inside of it B)

2036291030e80a9260eeii6.jpg

Ok I am soo done buying games for like.....ever! :gbasp2:

Hehe, you're just about getting as bad as I am at buying too many games. ;)

I have still a couple underway including Smash Bros, but it's taken ages to arrive. Hopefully I'll finally have it tomorrow as next week I'll have to work again.

Also got one more GBA game in this week. Namely Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

Didn't buy it mind. I got it for free from Nintendo thanks to their European Club Nintendo point system.

It's my 5th or 6th present from them. Last time I got a silver GameBoy Micro. :D