Retro Gaming Purchases!

Phillyman

neogeo_arcade.jpg

Ever since we moved out of the café 16 years ago, I always wanted to have an arcade cabinet again.

But more like an astro cab or candy cab which would let me play all kinds of JAMMA games. :)

Oh, and so nice to see Puzzle de Pon!

It's one of my favourite games ever!

Still love Puzzle Bobble 2 (Bust-A-Move 2) on PSone the most for it's awesome and series exclusive 100 level Time Attack mode.

But I like Puzzle de Pon even more as a multiplayer game. So awesome, yet unknown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, this game was one of my favourite's too when it was released. I remember thinking how great it looked, especially when compared with similar game's for the NES and Master System. I seem to remember it being a lot harder back in the day, but it still look's and play's great. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been going back and forth with this for a while (Wii or top-loading NES). My mind was made up for me earlier this evening...

Original top-loading NES, w/ 2 dogbone controllers, RF adapter, AC adapter. Plus Mario/Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, and Tetris.

Grand total...$80.00 shipped.

Yeah I was happy :Yahooo::Nes::NesCart::Nes_pad:

post-8724-125695411588_thumb.jpg

post-8724-125695413238_thumb.jpg

post-8724-125695415429_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Last couple of purchases were xBox (that's retro now, right?? :)), Rage Racer for PS1, Jet Force Gemini for N64 and couple of games for Genesis (MegaDrive in EU) including Shadow Dancer, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Stargate.

My Megadrive collection is now ~70 titles, and N64 only 20 titles. (which is not bad considering I got it 2 years ago :))

• 1 month later...
  • Retromags Curator

Philly...um...I'm sorry, just one question here...

How is it you have a Game Boy and you didn't have a copy of Tetris?? :)

*huggles*

Areala

The same reason why I have 1 Xbox game, 2 PS2 games and 5 PSx games. I stupidly sold or traded my games over the years. I have since sworn to reclaim everything and more. I figure it will cost me about $600 to buy the top 50 Gameboy games of all time.....and another $700 to buy the top 30 Dreamcast games B)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got Gran Turismo 2 for the Playstation on Saturday. The disc and the case are in really good condition and I only paid 10 euro's for it.

The first car I got was a Honda Prelude and I've been slowly improving it with prize money from each race. I think I've taken it as far as I can, so I'm going to get a Lotus Elise next. Then I'm going to get some classic American muscle car's and a porsche or two.

I'd forgotten how amazing this game looked and played. I can see myself putting some long hour's into this game. :)

• 7 months later...

I recently bought a boxed Mattel Intellivision through Craigslist; lot's of fun!

I'm in the process of building a "good" game collection; only two days ago I purchased Night Stalker and Snafu on eBay.

Then of course I had to order a signed copy of Intellivision Lives, a new release for the DS; Signature by none other than Keith Robinson :)