Sign in to follow this  
Phillyman

Retro Gaming Purchases!

I buy games every day, because a second hand stores is very cheap to buy.

today, double dragon 5 and super star wars for snes.

yesterday, sonic 3d for megadrive.

this week, shonobi 3 for megadrive, shenmue and resident evil 3 for dreamcast.

Edited by mowlan

There was a beautiful Sega Master System with light controller for $45, but because of the crappy economy that's out of my budget right now. I wish I had the $45, though... the SMS was in great shape...

After paying the bills today, we had enough money for me to go back and get the SMS. I got the system, cables, adapter, 2 controllers, light gun, 3D glasses, and 33 games for $100. I'm very happy... it's like being a little kid at Christmas :D

I just bought a brand new Dreamcast......technically I have a used Dreamcast at home....but I never use it because its dirty and such. Now I can sell that Dreamcast and enjoy my brand new one. The other reason I never play it ....is because I have crappy games for it.... mostly sport games :P

Time to research up on good games for this system......Now if I could get a brand new boxed Atari Lynx B)

dc1a.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330320193425

EDIT:

Using http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/ , I have found out how little it actually will cost me to start a decent Dreamcast collection B)

1. SoulCalibur = $10
  2. NFL 2K = $1
  3. NFL 2K1 =$1
  4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 = $1
  5. NBA 2K2 Basketball = $1
  6. NBA 2K1 = $1
  7. Test Drive Le Mans = $3
  8. NFL 2K2 = $2
  9. Resident Evil Code: Veronica = $7
  10. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater = $2
  11. Rayman 2: The Great Escape = $9
  12. Quake III Arena = $5
  13. Unreal Tournament = $5
  14. Skies of Arcadia = $20
  15. Sonic Adventure = $10
  16. Ultimate Fighting Championship = $5
  17. Dead or Alive 2 = $6
  18. F355 Challenge = $6
  19. NFL Blitz 2001 = $1
  20. Jet Grind Radio = $9
  21. Samba de Amigo = $10
  22. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver = $4
  23. Street Fighter Alpha 3 = $19
  24. Marvel vs. Capcom = $28
  25. Test Drive V-Rally = $6
  26. Sega Rally Championship 2 = $3
  27. NBA 2K = $1
  28. Shenmue II = ?
  29. Crazy Taxi = $4
  30. The Typing of the Dead = $12
  31. Ready 2 Rumble Boxing = $5
  32. NFL Blitz 2000 = $1
  33. Puyo Puyo 4 = ?
  34. Sega Bass Fishing 2 = $19
  35. Crazy Taxi 2 = $8
  36. Sonic Adventure 2 = $20
  37. Daytona USA = $10
  38. Frame Gride = ?
  39. NHL 2K = $2
  40. Tech Romancer = $27
  41. The King of Fighters: Dream Match 1999 = $9
  42. Ikaruga =?
  43. Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves = $30
  44. Tennis 2K2 = $2
  45. NCAA College Football 2K2 = $3
  46. Bangai-O = $30
  47. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 = $50
  48. Worms World Party = $13
  49. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis = $15
  50. AeroWings 2: Air Strike = $12

$450 give or take to have a sweet ass Dreamcast collection. I will start budgeting $40 a month away and should have this completed within a year :Yahooo:

I didn't see the keyboard for Typing of the Dead on there. You should be able to pick it up for less than $10 at most used game stores. It is the mouse that they charge nearly $25 for, for some reason.

I didn't see the keyboard for Typing of the Dead on there. You should be able to pick it up for less than $10 at most used game stores. It is the mouse that they charge nearly $25 for, for some reason.

I am looking at picking up 2 more controllers, 2 VMU's and some extension cords.....ashame my tax refund is going towards paying down CC debt.....but I should be free of all CC's by September.......then all I need to do is pay off the 2008 Civic......buy a 2010 Accord.....pay that off .....and then save for a house :P

The one bedroom apartment.....just isnt cutting it anymore.....not with 700 magazines......300 video games......and 6 computers :lol:

Man, you guys make some sweet-butt finds!

In 2004 I found a Classic NES GBA in box at a yard sale for cheap. That was probably my prized cheap purchase. Now I have something to play my classic Zelda and Zelda II on.

I had a chance to get a Sega 32x for really cheap today, might go back tomorrow and snag it. I just basically want to sell it on eBay(it probably doesn't work anyways). I'm more interested in getting the Sega Model 1 that was connected to it cuz I lost mine a few years back. <3 headphone jack.

My local Goodwill has actually had a lot of retro systems lately for way cheap. I should've snatched em up to eBay, but oh well. I started out on NES so I don't have feelings for much older systems than that.

While not really a retro purchase, it's still something that I'd count as a nice retro gaming achievement.

While waiting for my new 46" plasma to arrive in 2 days, I've taken my old 32" Panasonic widescreen CRT upstairs to the bedroom along with the DVD home cinema system and decided to TATE the old 27" Philips 3:4 CRT to be solely used for shmups. :)

HNI_0079.jpg

Been playing Layer Section, Dodonpachi, Battle Garegga, Strikers II and Batsugun that way the arcade God's had intended. :D

oh, I do have a retro purchase to add:

A second Japanese GameBoy Light system (gold this time) to accompany my brand new silver one which is still in it's box.

HNI_0089.jpg

Did a little bit of shopping today and picked up "Overblood" and "Nightmare Creatures" for the PS1. $3.00 each, couldn't go wrong: discs in beautiful shape, complete case, artwork and manuals. Areala was happy. ^_^

I bought Super Mario Bros for my Wii Virtual Console.

Also, the re-issue Final Fantasy for my PSP

not a purchase, but i recently received a hand me down intellivision from my dad

Been slowly but surely building up my Dreamcast collection the latest addition's were Sega Smash Pack vol. 1 and Buzz Lightyear. Brings me up to almost 100 individual titles I think, I need to count them again.

Just got myself a copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga for the PS2! :)

*huggles*

Areala

Just bought a copy of Golden Axe for the Mega Drive.

The case is kind of dusty but the cart and instructions are in good condition and I only paid five euro's for it.

Can't wait to play it, again. :)

I picked up mega man II with the box about a year ago. that was my most recent retro gaming purchase. well, I bought a new dreamcast from thinkgeek, but i don't count dreamcast as retro.