Gamepro Presents The Playstation 2 & Playstation Encyclopedia

gobucks25

Hey, first post. I came to this site because I'm looking for other special edition magazines/books that are a sort of encyclopedia of reviews that cover all or near all games released for a particular system. Anyway, I have the Gamepro Presents Playstation Encyclopedia which has Gamepro reviews of every PSX game released up until Winter 2000/2001. It also contains some PS2 titles. I'd like a similar magazine/book on other systems, but the closest I have seen is:

Video Games: The Ultimate Guide

The Video Games Guide

and perhaps the "Book of Games" series.

I'm just wondering if any other special edition mags exist similar to the Gamepro one I have. Can anyone answer this? Thanks.

I'd also consider scanning this magazine to get added to your database, but at the moment I do not have a scanner.

• Retromags Curator
Hey, first post. I came to this site because I'm looking for other special edition magazines/books that are a sort of encyclopedia of reviews that cover all or near all games released for a particular system. Anyway, I have the Gamepro Presents Playstation Encyclopedia which has Gamepro reviews of every PSX game released up until Winter 2000/2001. It also contains some PS2 titles. I'd like a similar magazine/book on other systems, but the closest I have seen is:

Video Games: The Ultimate Guide

The Video Games Guide

and perhaps the "Book of Games" series.

I'm just wondering if any other special edition mags exist similar to the Gamepro one I have. Can anyone answer this? Thanks.

I'd also consider scanning this magazine to get added to your database, but at the moment I do not have a scanner.

Hello there, Welcome to Retromags.

Technically we tend to scan only magazines and catalogs, We stay 5 years behind the current publication date to stay on the good side of the publishers. Magazines are usually discarded after people read them, and the publishers usually only provide back orders for a year or two. Books on the other hand tend to be sold for a great deal longer. So I doubt we will be doing any books....but magazines from 198? - 2003 are always welcome :)

Let me know if I can be of any more help B)

Hello there, Welcome to Retromags.

Technically we tend to scan only magazines and catalogs, We stay 5 years behind the current publication date to stay on the good side of the publishers. Magazines are usually discarded after people read them, and the publishers usually only provide back orders for a year or two. Books on the other hand tend to be sold for a great deal longer. So I doubt we will be doing any books....but magazines from 198? - 2003 are always welcome :)

Let me know if I can be of any more help B)

Hey, great site you have here, and thanks for the greeting. To be clear, the "Gamepro Presents" issue I have is a magazine. Just curious if anyone knows if other special edition magazines like the one I have exist that are a sort of catalog, index, or encyclopedia of a certain system. Did Nintendo Power ever print such an issue for any of their systems? I'd love to share the one I have if I can get my hands on a capable scanner.

Hey, great site you have here, and thanks for the greeting. To be clear, the "Gamepro Presents" issue I have is a magazine. Just curious if anyone knows if other special edition magazines like the one I have exist that are a sort of catalog, index, or encyclopedia of a certain system. Did Nintendo Power ever print such an issue for any of their systems? I'd love to share the one I have if I can get my hands on a capable scanner.

If Philly is ok with it being scanned, feel free to send it my way and I can scan it for you.

-Noah