Any Demonoid Users Here Want To Help?

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

So with Underground-Gamer getting hacked recently, I thought about having a secondary private tracker host the majority of our releases. Right now I am in the progress of moving some of the releases over to Demonoid to see how they do over there. Comparing Underground-Gamer to Demonoid on Alexa shows this......

Click here for a Comparision!

You will see that Retromags is waay down at the bottom of the chart in terms of traffic.......Underground-Gamer is above us quite a bit.....but Demoniod is just towering above all with traffic. I would also release the magazines on Mininova, but no one seeds them when I do. So Demonoid is the next best thing considering that people have ratio laws to obey.

So here is my proposal, Many of you guys wish to download more magazines. But you either dont have a scanner, cant edit a magazine ....or dont wish to donate money. Those are all fine.....but you have no reason other then laziness to turn down the following offer.

For every 5 magazines you take from the Retromags Download section, and create a PROPER torrent over at Demonoid.....I will credit you 6 months of Premium Membership! Not just 1 month.....But 6 months! You only need to follow these simple rules!

1) Do Not Distribute the Nintendo Power magazines over there! I want to do those a certain way....all other magazines are up for grabs to move over there!

2) You are to only upload 1 magazine per torrent, No yearly or compilation sets! This will give many more members the chance to participate in this activity

3) No changes should be made to the magazines, If you downloaded it from here and unzipped it ....and there was a .cbr and .nfo.....those are the two files that should be uploaded over there. Please do not just throw the .zip file in a torrent and upload it. You must extract the .cbr and .nfo and create a torrent that includes both those files (if an .nfo was included)

4)You must include the Demonoid text file....this is part of THEIR rules...not mine!

5) You must seed the magazine until it has a total of 4 Seeders (you...plus 3 other seeders)

6) You must send me a message on these forums informing me of your uploads, After I verify you will be granted Premium Membership

7) You must have the Retromags.com name in the title of the release and they type of file! ex.... "Gamepro Issue 001 (Retromags.com)(.cbr)"

8) You must upload a screenshot of the cover, and use it in the description code!

9) You must use the following template for the body of the description...

[center][img=http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/585/retromagsmr4.png][/center]

[center][b]PRESENTS[/b][/center]
[center][u]Release Name![/u][/center]

[center]
[img=Screenshot of Cover Goes Here!]

[/center]

[center]This issue is in CBR format (Comic Book Reader; a renamed RAR file to work with the excellent CDisplay program; available [url=http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay]HERE[/url].)[/center]

[center]
Be sure to check out [url]www.retromags.com[/url] for more info and news about releases.[/center]

[center]Thanks and Enjoy! [/center]

This is all pretty easy, Please don't ask me for a Demonoid invite because I don't have any. Post any questions you may have in this thread!

I am interested in doing this, I may put up a few magazines if I can put aside some time in the next few days. I'll let you know how it goes.

[EDIT]

I have a few files from the Downloads section I want to put up like the MAXIMUM mags but they don't have .nfo files. What to do? Shall I make one using an existing .nfo as a base?

• 4 weeks later...
This sounds confusing...eh do you want us to make a torrent of a scan...and what else?

I thought Demonoid was shut down a while back??? Or did not allow US users anymore. I guess I must be thinking about a different place. Well... at least I know they are still around.