German Magazines

hydr0x

Hi,

I'm a new member from Germany. I finally decided to sign up after visiting your fabulous site a few times already. Some might even know me from various other sites and projects in the gaming scene ;)

My question is whether there's any interest at all in scans of German magazines? Most of my hundreds of mags are German and the few English ones are all >A4 afaik. Same can be said for the Dutch ones I own :( So all I could hope to scan with my limited time would be German ones. But I want to check for interest first because I would probably have to buy a new scanner first as my current one sucks.

I'll upload one magazine scan I did a few years back with that scanner later today. Don't expect a good quality though :(

In case you're interested: My magazine collection consists mainly of early 90s mags, a lot of Nintendo mags in there (several complete years of Club Nintendo, Total!, Fun Vision) but also a lot of PC stuff (PC Games, PC Action, GameStar...) and some multi-format mags like Mega Fun. I have a complete run of the official Dreamcast Magazine UK but it's one of those non-A4 mags :(

Magazines from all around the world are welcome, doesn't matter in which language they are. Just make sure if you upload them to add (GERMANY) at the end so people know which language they are getting.

I myself have a whole bunch of Dutch and even some French magazines, but I'm scanning and collecting the English ones in which I'm interested in first, as they would be the most useful for everyone else.

Don't worry about those official UK Dreamcast magazines, I've got the complete set as well and I've done my first multi-part scan with Mean Machines 001, so I'll take those for my account. ;)

That looks sort of okay, but as you said yourself, the scanner doesn't seem to be very good.

There's lots of vertical as well as horizontal lines running through all the pages. And looking a bit closer there is a lot of pixelation going on as well.

If you're looking into scanning more mags, I would certainly get a new one first as I was in the same situation when I first started and ended up redoing all my old scans once I got a better scanner.

That way you don't have to go through all the trouble and effort when you'd like to get higher quality scans later on.

I can certainly recommend a Canon CanoLiDE 70, or perhaps higher. I got mine for about €80 last year, so it shouldn't be too expensive today. :)

• 2 weeks later...