Which Game Was It? (late Nes)

[anything but bold ]The only thing i remember about this NES game was it was a regular platformer.

I'm pretty sure a boy was the main character.

You had to find items to move on to new sections.

It wasn't a nintendo title.. i can't recall the company that made it.

There was a timed contest set for a specific day for it where when you got to the end it would reveal a code to call in by phone.

I forget how, but i think there was a final level that was locked until contest day. Maybe you had to call in for a code to type in when you reach the level to unlock it. So, nobody (supposedly) played the final level until the contest began. I'm thinking level 6, dunno why.

A bunch of second place spots won a Super NES (i won one, yay).

I forget what the other places won, i think money for first.[/b]

Anyone know the game?

Edited by meppi

[size =-99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

999.9]That's the one, wow, thank you! I thought the only person who could answer might be someone who actually entered the contest.

I tried googling and couldn't find it out.

Now I've YouTubed the video and am reminded that the gameplay was pretty bad :mellow: . Yet, memories of the music and all rushed back and I'm still going to play it again for nostalgic reasons.

Reading about the contest at gamefaqs brings back memories too.

Thanks a lot for the research :) [/size]

Edited by meppi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...