Thank You Page Issue

meppi

I have recently noticed that the thank you pages don't always act the same in different programs.

In CDisplay and ComicRack for instance, which were the only two I tested on Windows the pages show up at the end of the magazine, as they should.

But it seems that with several other programs including Comicbooklover and FFView, they show up as the first page, due to being named -x-x-retromags-x-x-.

So it might be best to rename the thank you page to x-x-retromags-x-x from now on. ;)

I have recently noticed that the thank you pages don't always act the same in different programs.

In CDisplay and ComicRack for instance, which were the only two I tested on Windows the pages show up at the end of the magazine, as they should.

But it seems that with several other programs including Comicbooklover and FFView, they show up as the first page, due to being named -x-x-retromags-x-x-.

So it might be best to rename the thank you page to x-x-retromags-x-x from now on. ;)

I hope its not a problem but I just name it as the last page number

eg.. Mag with 120 pages

Page 001 - Page 120

Page 121 = Thank you page

I hope its not a problem but I just name it as the last page number

eg.. Mag with 120 pages

Page 001 - Page 120

Page 121 = Thank you page

Nah, that's not a problem at all.

I just made it the way I did so you could copy the same file into the folders without having to change it's name every time.

Nah, that's not a problem at all.

I just made it the way I did so you could copy the same file into the folders without having to change it's name every time.

I don't think it really matters if it comes at the beginning or the end. Either way it's in there. I think the begining is even better than the end.

How would it be BETTER to have it at the beginning? The cover of the issue should be the first thing that shows up when you open the file.

Rename the file to zzthankyou.jpg and there shouldn't be any problems with any program.

I don't think it really matters if it comes at the beginning or the end. Either way it's in there. I think the begining is even better than the end.

Well the thing is, with the program I'm using now (Comicbooklover, which cost me €20), it has the option to turn the icon of the cbz into a thumbnail of the first page.

So if everything is in place it looks like this in coverflow:

coverflow.jpg

The problem is that when the thank you page is the first page in, every magazine looks like the thank you page.

When being in that position it might also mess with some programs which know that they should display the cover as a stand alone page and the rest as doubles when one wants to view them side by side.

While wanting to do this with CDisplay, having the thank you page as the first page is actually a good idea, but it would benefit only a tiny percentage of people.

It all depends on which program you use in the end I guess.

Wow, that Comicbooklover does look cool with the scrolling mag covers, kinda like an IPod touch. Wish they had a version for Windows :(

Well the thing is, with the program I'm using now (Comicbooklover, which cost me €20), it has the option to turn the icon of the cbz into a thumbnail of the first page.

So if everything is in place it looks like this in coverflow:

coverflow.jpg

The problem is that when the thank you page is the first page in, every magazine looks like the thank you page.

When being in that position it might also mess with some programs which know that they should display the cover as a stand alone page and the rest as doubles when one wants to view them side by side.

While wanting to do this with CDisplay, having the thank you page as the first page is actually a good idea, but it would benefit only a tiny percentage of people.

It all depends on which program you use in the end I guess.

Wow, that Comicbooklover does look cool with the scrolling mag covers, kinda like an IPod touch. Wish they had a version for Windows :(

Well it isn't actually the Comicbooklover program thats doing that.

It only creates the icon for the cbz automatically.

OS X does the rest when you put the folder setting on Cover Flow instead of list view or something else.

So yes, it's exactly like an iPod I guess, although I don't own one myself. (Still using my Japanese Play-Yan with a fluorescent pink GBMicro as my portable MP3 player :lol: )

You can even choose the folder settings individually for every single folder.

So if you'd like your MP3s to be displayed in coverflow with the coverart like this, your picture folder in a thumbnail view (which is fully customizable as well, size of thumbnails, the info you get on screen, etc.), and you're movie folder in Cover Flow as well, while keeping most other file folders in a regular list view or column view, which again are fully customizable, you can do just that.

And the system will remember those settings as well, so you don't have to keep changing everything over and over again.

I have my Macbook Pro for just under a week now, and I must admit I had a lot more trouble adapting than I thought I would.

Having used nothing but Windows XP up till this point certainly had much to do with it.

Along with having to go look for programs to test out and see which I liked best and what did what.

You know, the boring stuff you need to do before your system is set up and ready to be used for whatever you want to do.

I also didn't just want to go back to Firefox without giving Safari a chance, so that in and of itself was a bit of a change in doing things as well.

Even Photostudio works very differently compared to the XP version, even though the application is on the same CD.

Not to mention getting used to the close, minimize and maximize buttons being on the left instead of on the right. :P

I took the jump after I had fully installed my friends Vista laptop twice and had fooled around with it for around 20 hours.

After that I realized that when I had to buy a new system, Vista would drive me mad with all the stupid crap in there and I might end up chucking my laptop against a wall.

So after reading up on everything Mac related I could get my hands on and watching plenty of videos, I thought I'd go for the more user friendly approach it seemed to offer.

So yeah, it has only been one week so far, but I can see myself never going back already.

(Hopefully this won't turn out like the last thing I said something similar, when I decided to buy every new Sega system released when I got my Saturn, and the DreamCast ended up being their last one... :huh: )

It seems like the end result is mostly the same, but the path that leads there has a very different layout.

In the end it all comes down to personal preference I guess.

This setup just seems to click with me much better than the other ones.

Wow! I love the way that program looks!

I'm going to have to get my hands on that. Now I can see why you wouldn't want that to come up as the first page. The only reason I say that I would rather have it as the first page is to get the info right out to people right away.

And also because when I have it set up to display 2 pages at once the pages get out of order so the cover and inside cover are shown together rather than the two facing pages shown that really should be showing together.

[edit]

Oh crud... I read the other posts after yours meppi. I thought someone just stole the itunes style and made it into a comic book viewer.

And also because when I have it set up to display 2 pages at once the pages get out of order so the cover and inside cover are shown together rather than the two facing pages shown that really should be showing together.

You can use ComicRack for that. The program actually knows that the front page should be displayed by itself, even if you set it up to display the pages side by side. :)

Too bad there's nothing you can do for that other part besides getting a new system.