Current Generation Purchases!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This instant classic finally arrived today.

The last RPG I remember finishing was probably Skies of Arcadia on the DreamCast if I don't count Mario & Luigi on GBA. ;)

But I'm adamant about playing this one from start to finish before I play another RPG.

And Shining the Holy Ark is already calling me, so I do have something to look forward to after this.

DragonQuest4.jpg

I've just finished chapter one and I'm gonna start Chapter 2 in a minute when I get into bed.

So fae I'm lovin every single thing aboot it. :D

No wonder since I fell in love with the series when I imported DQ7.

• 3 weeks later...
Why, why, WHY?? This game is more suited for young children and their 30+ parents who will be asked to play along. A lot of things get called a "kids game" for the Wii, but this is definitely one where it is most likely true.

I guess it's to help kill the gaming industry off once and for all.

And I will be doing my part as well as I will be getting it the day it comes out.

Death to the hardcore gamer! :P

• Retromags Curator

There is no such thing as a "hardcore gamer". A gamer is a gamer, whether they play 2 hours a day or two hours a week. "Hardcore gamer" is what someone calls themselves to make themselves feel better about the fact they they have nothing else to do in their life :P. Not to mention is a very annoying term.

In any case, Wii Music is not something you would suspect guys in their 20's would buy unless it was for a girl or their young kids. I am not saying I will never play the game, but I see it as something more geared towards my kid when he turns 4 or so than myself. But if the game turns out to be lots of fun, I am sure it would have to be something good to be enjoyed by you guys. Do keep us filled in on how the game actually is :)

• Retromags Curator
There is no such thing as a "hardcore gamer". A gamer is a gamer, whether they play 2 hours a day or two hours a week. "Hardcore gamer" is what someone calls themselves to make themselves feel better about the fact they they have nothing else to do in their life :P. Not to mention is a very annoying term.

In any case, Wii Music is not something you would suspect guys in their 20's would buy unless it was for a girl or their young kids. I am not saying I will never play the game, but I see it as something more geared towards my kid when he turns 4 or so than myself. But if the game turns out to be lots of fun, I am sure it would have to be something good to be enjoyed by you guys. Do keep us filled in on how the game actually is :)

This video is what pushed me toward getting it......

I couldn't agree more with what you just said, no matter how hard I would try. :)

My previous post was just a sarcastic dig at all the message board posters around the hundreds or even thousands of gaming boards which proclaim that Wii Music is basically the devil and how it stands for everything that's bad with the game industry today.

Killing of "hardcore games" and replacing them with "My hungry Horsez" sequels. ;)

They had the same reaction to Wii Fit and see how that has turned out. Sells millions of copies and were still getting games like Sin & Punishment 2, Megaman 9, Dragon Quest 9, Punch-Out, etc.

Although I wouldn't call those games hardcore, I just call them games. ;)

The video that showed me how much fun the game could be, and I'm using that term very loosely cause it's more of a toy than an actual game, is the following.

Made by sp0rks over at neogaf (who's a great guy btw), to explain a bit better to all the haters why he loves the game.