Current Generation Purchases!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

Toys R Us in Canada is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, so in the last three days I have acquired NINE games (One is one the wife got):

My Fitness Coach (Wii - for the wife)

Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)

Sam & Max Season 1 (Wii)

Tiger Woods 09 All Play (Wii)

Animal Crossing City Folk (Wii)

Call of Duty: World at War (Wii)

Smackdown vs Raw 2009 (Wii)

Sonic Unleashed (Wii)

Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Obviously, I am very broke. But I know my family is giving me money for Christmas, so that will be going towards those games. Sadly, Toys R Us' selection for DS titles sucked butt, so I will be heading to Wal-Mart to price match the deal and get some of the DS titles I want. Big Spender!

• Retromags Curator
You will have to get me your friend code. I can bring you some rare fruit and stuff to get you started.

I'll need to play the game first. I haven't had time yet to try it. I have tried any of the 11 new games I got. Too busy at work and too busy at home getting ready for Christmas. I am hoping to find some time this week to try AC :)

I'll need to play the game first. I haven't had time yet to try it. I have tried any of the 11 new games I got. Too busy at work and too busy at home getting ready for Christmas. I am hoping to find some time this week to try AC :)

I so want to pick up the game for myself, but the financial crisis isn't helping much.

So I'm trying to hold off until I see how much it costs in MediaMarkt when I go on Friday.

The online shop normally use which always seems to have great prices is selling the game for €42 and the microphone for another €35! :o:blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Retromags Curator
Bought Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure last week. Really fun game. Rythmn Heaven looks kind of interesting, though I am not sure I would enjoy playing it longer than the demo available on the Nintendo Channel.

Just acquired Silent Hill Homecoming, Bioshock, and the collector's edition of Grand Theft Auto IV all for the PS3. :)

Finally took the jump:

HNI_0050.jpg

Got quite a good dead as well, that's why I didn't hold off till the summer.

€379 for a 80GIG version with an extra Dual Shock 3 and 2 game (Heavenly Sword+Ratchet & Clank) which I'm not too crazy about, but I will probably be able to trade them in for something better.

The total value of this pack is normally €505.

A regular 60GIG one with just one newer game (Motorstorm 2 or Killzone 2 for instance) but without a second controller which costs €60-70 is still €400.

So it wasn't a bad deal in the end. ;)

Grabbed Burnout Paradise as well and I'm downloading WipEout HD as we speak. 69 minutes left, pffffff.

It's connected to a regular Panasonic 32" CRT for the moment with an RGB lead, but in about 3 weeks time that will change with the arrival of a new 1080p 42" Panasonic plasma. :)

Half-Life Orange Box for PS3.

Now all I need is my system to work again... :)

Oh, you're gonna love Portal; believe me. :)

Such a great game.

Played through it on my Mac and it was one of the best games I played in the last I don't even know how many years. And I normally hate computer games.

Not too fond of FPS games either as you already know. ;)

HalfLife 2 is also a true classic and probably the Episodes as well, but I haven't played those yet.

Bought the Steam Pack as well as the Orange Box on PS3 so I will eventually though.

I've just been to busy playing WipEout HD all weekend long. Probably have put in over 15 hours already.

And today I found out that a new Lumines was released on PSN some time again, so I bought that as well along with the classic expansion pack.

Played it for another 3 hours. Love it just as much as the PSP game, but thanks to being on the big screen I can play it for much longer before my eyes start to give out.

Best part is that I have tomorrow off from work as well, so I can play till I go blind. :Yahooo:

• 2 weeks later...

Woot! Finally got my new 46" 1080p Panasonic Plasma delivered this morning.

First thing I did was plug in my Japanese Saturn to see if it had any negative side effects playing retro games.

Turns out it's just about as perfect for retro games as it is for anything else I've been throwing at it all day long.

From WipEout HD on PS3, to Saturn over RGB scart, Dreamcast over VGA and Wii though component cables. Been enjoying my very first Bluray movies as well.

So beautiful! :o

Whoever keeps saying that the Wii looks like garbage on a HD tv is full of it. Been playing Mario Kart and it looks great!

Loving the Simpsons movie as well. Didn't think it would be this funny for some reason after reading quite a few negative comments about it.

Video streaming through my Macbook Pro with a VGA cable also looks considerably better than through the composite cables I had to use up till now, so that's a nice bonus.

In short, for anyone looking for a nice big tv that can handle 1080p stuff like the best, as well as do retrogames justice, without scanlines off course.... I can wholeheartedly recommend the TX-P42G10. (or the 40",50" version for that matter)

I'm so glad I didn't go for the old model which they tried to sell me since they didn't have the new model in stock last week.

My Bluray home cinema should be arriving in a couple of days as well, so I finally seem to be having a bit of luck. (knock on wood)

I'm totally broke now, but at least I'm happy. So happy... :)

• Retromags Curator

Bought Klonoa for the Wii last week, and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat should be sitting in my mailbox right now from amazon.ca.

I plan on buying a HDTV this year, most likely a panasonic plasma. In order to do so, though, I am cutting my retro game collection severely. Instead of having a pile of games for all the old systems I have, I am only keeping the games I like, as well as the systems I like. It will also free up some storage space :)

I plan on buying a HDTV this year, most likely a panasonic plasma. In order to do so, though, I am cutting my retro game collection severely. Instead of having a pile of games for all the old systems I have, I am only keeping the games I like, as well as the systems I like. It will also free up some storage space :)

When you do, don't let people tell you that plasma's are inferior to LCDs or stuff like that.

The one thing better than a Panasonic Plasma would be a Pioneer Kuro. Sadly they won't be selling them for much longer.

It's my second day of playing around with mine and I love it!

I would certainly go for the new G10 series, it seems to have all the connection options you'll ever need and so far I haven't been able to find a single flaw.

Also when looking at sets, be sure to think what size TV you want and pick one size higher than that.

I was planning on getting a 40" since that is supposed to be perfect for the room at the distance I'm sitting from it, but several people over at ntsc-uk mentioned that it was worth picking one size larger than the "optimal size", and I must say, they certainly are right about that.

• Retromags Curator
When you do, don't let people tell you that plasma's are inferior to LCDs or stuff like that.

The one thing better than a Panasonic Plasma would be a Pioneer Kuro. Sadly they won't be selling them for much longer.

I would certainly go for the new G10 series, it seems to have all the connection options you'll ever need and so far I haven't been able to find a single flaw.

Also when looking at sets, be sure to think what size TV you want and pick one size higher than that.

I was planning on getting a 40" since that is supposed to be perfect for the room at the distance I'm sitting from it, but several people over at ntsc-uk mentioned that it was worth picking one size larger than the "optimal size", and I must say, they certainly are right about that.

Not to worry. When looking at a Panasonic Plasma and a couple LCDs playing the same movie, I liked the plasma better. the colours looked richer, and it didn't have that jittery look to it. the only thing I saw better than a plasma was a Samsung LED TV, which looked fecking amazing. But at $4499 for a 55", that won't be happening.

With Panasonic, it's either 46, 50, or 58. For my livingroom, I measured that I could do up to 58" based on where I would be sitting. But the cost might mean I get a 50", which is still plenty big based on where the couches are.

I agree. I did the same thing and it works perfectly. Whoever made up those "Optimal Size" charts must not like watching tv.