Sign in to follow this  
Phillyman

Current Generation Purchases!

Just got my copy of Ys Books I&II for the DS with the soundtrack CD. The music is even better than ever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120849061776

I also imported Ys Strategy from the UK just to satisfy my completionist tendencies, even though I'm not a fan of RTS (give me good old turn-based).

DS is not really "current generation" now but wouldn't be considered retro yet either, so I put this here. :bag:

I buy too much when I find sales and ended up with a backlog 80-100 games deep, not including things I haven't played from gen's before this one. I'm talking PS3, Wii, DS, and 3DS. I just finished MGS4 this winter and maybe played 3 of my 3DS games so far despite owning 11. Of course I don't play them in order or anything as I also finished Infamous 2, Battlefield 3, Mario Galaxy 2, Boy and his Blob, and more over the winter.

I did just update my collection site with 8 new pics (yeah, needed that many pics for a year's worth of games/hardware) but need to retake one. I'll try to remember to post it.

Most Recent Purchase: Need For Speed: The Run $8 (with code) at Gamefly. I kind of like even thought it flopped critically. Though I probably wouldn't like it if I paid full retail TBH.

Next Likley Purchase: Amazing Spider-Man. I hope this games is as good as it looks!

Games I want that are already out: Syndicate, SSX, Max Payne 3, Darksiders.

Bought Kid Icarus: Uprising a couple of months ago and find it impossible to play due to me being left-handed and not being able to find a Circle Pad Pro.

I'll also make note here that I will be buying, without a doubt, the 3DS XL, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. I never liked how small the 3DS was, so this XL model makes me VERY happy.

I got a bundle of games a couple of weeks ago on Xbox 360:

1. Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition - $20 - Ashamed to admit I haven't started on it. I keep hearing good things.

2. Dragon Age II - $5 - Got a fantastic deal on this. Even though word is that it's not as good as DA:O, you can't beat a 10-30+ hour game for $5.

3. Final Fantasy XIII - $20 - Have not yet played this one, but after hearing how divisive it is from fellow FF fans, I'm very curious.

4. Forza Motorsport 3: Ultimate Collection - $20 - Better graphics, more cars, fun Season mode - what more could you ask for?

5. Skate 3 - $20 - I was (and still am) more of a Tony Hawk guy, but this game in particular made me a Skate believer. Just an awesome game.

6. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $20 - A generous compilation of most of the hit Genesis games with some neat unlockable extras.

The next games I plan to purchase in the near future:

- Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition - I'm Batman. Or at least I pretend to be Batman.

- Max Payne 3 - I'm a bit of a Rockstar fan boy, so I absolutely need to play this.

- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard DLC - It's killing me that I don't currently have the MSP for it, but I'll get there. Someday.

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - Super excited about this and 1200 MSP seems reasonable.

Last weekend I picked up:

-Pokemon Conquest (DS)

-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2(DS)

-Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2(DS)

- Crysis 2(X360)

-Jak Collection (PS3)