Downloads Not Starting

lisalover1

I just signed up with a free account at the forums, and I was only able to download 1 file from the site. It gives the "wait for other downloads to finish, first" error, but I have no other downloads active. Do you need a pay account to download more than one file?

• Retromags Curator
I just signed up with a free account at the forums, and I was only able to download 1 file from the site. It gives the "wait for other downloads to finish, first" error, but I have no other downloads active. Do you need a pay account to download more than one file?

Did you read the Personal message that all members receive on signup? :P

Hey there, Welcome To Retromags!

You are probably very anxious to start reading through some old Nintendo Powers, EGM or Gamepro magazines, Let me explain how it all works! All members of this site can download our releases from the Download Section. You will initially start off with a credit of 1 download per week. The limit of 1 download is only applied to direct downloads (aka downloading from us), If you wish to download more magazines we have provided Rapidshare links for almost all of our releases. So how can you increase how much you get to download directly from Retromags?

The easiest way to increase your download limit is to participate on our forums. After you have made 15 posts on the forum your limit will be increased to 3 downloads per week. If you make it to 100 posts you will be increased to 5 downloads per week. We pour a lot of time and effort into providing you quality scans of gaming magazine history, Please do not create SPAM on our forums just to increase your limit.

Remember we are a small group of enthusiasts, as such we are always looking for people to help out on this project. Even if you don't have a scanner we still have positions that you can help us out with. Members who do lend a hand with this project are placed in a special group named "Premium Members", These people are given 7.5GB of downloads per month!

Finally, if you still want to download more but wish to bypass the posting and/or helping out with the project ...We do accept donations! These donations start off at $2.50 and are used towards acquiring rare magazines from Ebay for preservation.

Thanks and Enjoy your stay,

-Phillyman

• Retromags Curator
Oops...

Well, anyway, I do have some magazines I could scan, but they're just in bad condition. Still very readable, just in bad condition. What are the age and condition requirements set on scanned game magazines?

At least 5 years old, Players guides work also :)

Honestly you could probably find something on Ebay to scan if all your magazines are in bad shape....

Just a quick look and I found this SWAT PRO magazine from 1995 that would only set you back $5 (including shipping)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SWATPRO-GAME-TIPS-MAGA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Well I have a similar problem, I get the: "We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error: You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete" and I haven´t download anything in days... You get a different error message when you have only one D/L per week, I know.

I´ll wait a couple more days and see if the same error pops up... I have been waiting 2 days so far though...

• Retromags Curator
Well I have a similar problem, I get the: "We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error: You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete" and I haven´t download anything in days... You get a different error message when you have only one D/L per week, I know.

I´ll wait a couple more days and see if the same error pops up... I have been waiting 2 days so far though...

Every 6 hours the system is supposed to clear out old downloads that never finished. I am looking into why this is not working right now.

• 2 weeks later...
At least 5 years old, Players guides work also :)

Honestly you could probably find something on Ebay to scan if all your magazines are in bad shape....

Just a quick look and I found this SWAT PRO magazine from 1995 that would only set you back $5 (including shipping)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SWATPRO-GAME-TIPS-MAGA...1QQcmdZViewItem

The pages are mostly not in bad shape; they're actually quite good. I wish I could say the same about the covers. My pocket gamer magazines are in great shape, though. I have these magazines I could upload:

Tips and Tricks with cover art of Megaman X5

A few old issues of pocket gamer

Other old Tips&Tricks and misc. magazines

I'll have time to upload them next week, but is there a tutorial on this forum for making them into a .cbr file? I don't know how to do that.

• Retromags Curator
The pages are mostly not in bad shape; they're actually quite good. I wish I could say the same about the covers. My pocket gamer magazines are in great shape, though. I have these magazines I could upload:

Tips and Tricks with cover art of Megaman X5

A few old issues of pocket gamer

Other old Tips&Tricks and misc. magazines

I'll have time to upload them next week, but is there a tutorial on this forum for making them into a .cbr file? I don't know how to do that.

All you need to do is zip up all the images into a .Zip or .Rar , then all you do is rename the extension

change "magazine.zip" to "magazine.cbz

or

change "magazine.rar" to "magazine.cbr

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem too, except i'm pretty sure it's been over a month since I last downloaded a magazine

• 2 weeks later...