Neogeo Freak Dilemma

meppi

The first batch of 9 Japanese NeoGeo Freak magazines arrived today and they are simply gorgeous.

I'm only able to read katakana and hiragana, and of the latter I only comprehend a small part, but I'm so glad I found these magazines.

I heard lots of great things about them back in the day when I used to visit a small import only shop where I went once a month because I needed to take the train to get there. But I had completely forgotten about them.

The thing is, since these are traditional Japanese magazines, they are read from right to left.

So what we see as the back cover is actually the front cover and vice versa.

The pages are numbered accordingly.

So my huge problem as of right now is, how do proceed to create the cbz for these magazines?

If I go and name them as they are numbered, then the page order will be backwards. So for people wanting to view the pages side by side, nothing would match up...

I know that you can use a Japanese reading style in certain cbz viewers, but when I number them correctly, that would make them flipped around once again.

The only thing I can think of, is to without a doubt, keep the Japanese structure of the magazines fully intact.

But name the pages so that Page 001 becomes the Japanese Page 130 final page and work my way up there in this fashion:

001-130

002-129

003-128

004-127

The numbering on the JPGs will be reversed according to the page numbers themselves, but all the pages will be in the correct order this way. And if you turn on Manga or Japanese style reading, then you will start at the actual cover page of the magazine.

Any thoughts on this? All ideas are welcome. :)

I almost forgot to mention.

With the first issue ow released, I have decided to number the pages like they are numbered in the actual magazine.

After testing out 2 different versions, I came to the conclusion that this would be the best option.

For people reading the magazine one page at a time, nothing changes. They start at the 1st page (which is the back of the magazine for us) and go through it like it's supposed to be viewed.

For people wanting to view 2 pages at the same time, this option is ideal as well.

They only need to select Manga or Japanese style in the view settings and the pages will be displayed in the correct order.