Turbografx (pcecd) Magazines

BurningSteel

Well I have come to this site in search of wisdom! I have recently gotten some turbografx (PCE-CD) games, and I am pleased with how nice the system and most of the games are. Unfortunately, the information I can find on some games, especially japanese games is extremely small. Compounded by the fact that I do NOT know any japanese, so I cannot really look for it in its native language.

Specifically right now, I am trying to find info on the game "Super Darius 2", which is an extremely good shooter. It was released for the system in Japan in 1993. I want to write a FAQS for the game, but info on it is lacking.

Are there any magazines that talk about foreign ( hopefully japanese ) games for turbografx(pce-cd)?

Where can I find FOREIGN magazines? Can anyone link me?

Any other info that may help me on my search would be appreciated. :D

Edited by BurningSteel

Hmm, that's not going to be easy.

I've just got a bunch of Japanese NeoGeo magazines, but they don't seem to be very common around these parts.

There are lots on sale on yahoo auction Japan, but you'll need a Japanese account and shipping address to be able to use it.

Finding Japanese PC-Engine magazines will be just as problematic I'm affraid.

Well I have come to this site in search of wisdom! I have recently gotten some turbografx (PCE-CD) games, and I am pleased with how nice the system and most of the games are. Unfortunately, the information I can find on some games, especially japanese games is extremely small. Compounded by the fact that I do NOT know any japanese, so I cannot really look for it in its native language.

Specifically right now, I am trying to find info on the game "Super Darius 2", which is an extremely good shooter. It was released for the system in Japan in 1993. I want to write a FAQS for the game, but info on it is lacking.

Are there any magazines that talk about foreign ( hopefully japanese ) games for turbografx(pce-cd)?

Where can I find FOREIGN magazines? Can anyone link me?

Any other info that may help me on my search would be appreciated. :D

There was loads of PC Engine coverage in CVG during the time

There was loads of PC Engine coverage in CVG during the time

Really? I didn't know that!

Japanese imports or what?

I started buying CVG at the start of the 32-bit era, so I have no idea about this.

Might have to start hunting for the older CVGs as well now. ;)

Really? I didn't know that!

Japanese imports or what?

I started buying CVG at the start of the 32-bit era, so I have no idea about this.

Might have to start hunting for the older CVGs as well now. ;)

yep, imports too, I have hoards of that era on my harddrive, some guy scanned most of the 80's and early 90's CVG already and has been selling them on the net

Ah the 1-113 issue release?

I have that one as well on DVD. But the earlier CVG magazines focus much more on home computers.

Spectrum, C64 and what not, which don't interest me at all, so I never got as far as the PC-Engine coverage.

Might have to do now though.

Ah the 1-113 issue release?

I have that one as well on DVD. But the earlier CVG magazines focus much more on home computers.

Spectrum, C64 and what not, which don't interest me at all, so I never got as far as the PC-Engine coverage.

Might have to do now though.

I immediately started reading from newest to oldest order when I got it :P