Problems With My Last 2 Releases

meppi

It's just come to my attention that there seems to be a problem with Sega Saturn magazine 19 as well as the NeoGeo freak magazine.

On my end everything works perfectly fine. When using either FFview or ComicBooklover, but it seems that when trying to open the cbz files with CDisplay and ComiCrack you only get an error reading.

As of right now I have no idea what this could be, and as I'm about to leave for work in a minute, I can't check the problem out right now.

But I'll look into it tommorow and correct it. :(

I was able to fix these issues by renaming them from .cbz to .rar, then i extracted all of the files, there was an extra folder in there (mac osx or something like that) re-compressed without the extra files and then renamed back to cbz

Oh wow you found the solution already! :lol:

I just got home from the graveyard shift. :bag:

It's been on my mind all night long at work and that was the thing I was thinking about checking out first.

The program I'm using is Comicbooklover on Mac which has an option to create a sort of thumbnail from the first page (cover) of every CBZ/CBR file to be viewed in coverflow like this, as i already posted before:

coverflow.jpg

So I guess the way it works is, it creates the coverflow item, which is an OS X specific thing and includes it into every CBZ file, thus inadvertently making them incompatible with the Windows CDisplay and ComiCrack program which think it's corrupt file and just give you an error.

As I've checked on my old laptop the big dot between Neo and Geo isn't displayed correctly as well in Windows. Well not in XP at least which is a bummer as the actual magazine did it that exact way. :(

I might have to rename them NeoGeo Freak instead if I have to remake the CBZ file and re-upload them tomorrow when I wake up.

Luckily I still got the original Photoshop files so I can automate them and simply pick a different name. Should be done in 30 secs.

Yeah, I know.

The program in itself is pretty much the same as the more complete others out there, but that extra coverflow option sure is a sweet way to browse through the magazines.

Feels much more like you're actually going through a stack of issues instead of just picking a name from a list of files.

Curious that no one else has thought about this before.

Official Sega Saturn issue 19 has been fixed and re-uploaded, both on the download manager and on rapidshare.

Neo•Geo Freak Tokyo Game Show 2005 Special (JAPAN) is new and should work just as well.

I'm uploading the fixed Neo•Geo Freak 1996 Vol.7 - jul (JAPAN) magazine right now, so I have removed the post as of now.

When I wake up tomorrow, I'll repost the topic in the download list and everything should be fine.

If there ever are any problems with any of my releases, don't be afraid to send me a pm as it's not feasible for me to check every single release on my old windows laptop. ;)

this sounds like a weird archiving problem I've experienced where some files in a zip file will have problems being compressed by app Y.. but using winrar to recompress into zip will solve the problem and make all files within the archive accessible/readable by app Y... very strange