Banjo's Back!

Have you guys seen the trailer for the new Banjo Game?.. What was assumed to be Banjo Threeie is now officially called Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts... I still play the the original and tooie on my n64..they are my favs... but anyway, this ones claims to have considerably less platforming mode of play... as in 80% in vehicles... I dunno about the directioin Rare is taking this bc th n64 games were so good...

Heres the trailer

Wut do u think? Did u ever play the older ones?

Edited by dmm837

I loved Banjo Kazooie on the N64 and enjoyed the sequel as well, but for some reason not nearly as much as the first. Although I never got very far into it.

The new one looks like an abomination to me and seems to be an even worse of a sequel than Perfect Dark Zero.

It just seems so wrong. Emphasis on vehicles instead of platforming?

The style is also horrible. If you take Banjo, Kazooie and Grunty out of the game noone would even know this was a Banjo Kazooie game.

What they should do is either scrap this game altogether or rename it and put a completely new cast of characters in, while have a different team work on a true Banjo Kazooie follow up.

But that's just my two cents.

Have you guys seen the trailer for the new Banjo Game?.. What was assumed to be Banjo Threeie is now officially called Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts... I still play the the original and tooie on my n64..they are my favs... but anyway, this ones claims to have considerably less platforming mode of play... as in 80% in vehicles... I dunno about the directioin Rare is taking this bc th n64 games were so good...

Heres the trailer

Wut do u think? Did u ever play the older ones?

Good, Banjo was one of the better games in N64, Its a great comeback,

Guest panpizza15

I don't like it, why are they taking out the classic collecting and platform jumping to be a lego style driving game. I just know they just had some random game about making cars out of blocks lying around and just edited to have Banjo in it so it'll sell more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's just too much that makes me worry. Comments from the dev team like "We had to tone down the combination moves, since they took away reasons to get into a vehicle" and such like that. The team aspect is why Banjo wasn't JUST another shallow Mario 64 style collectathon.

• 2 weeks later...
What? Thats not Banjo, that's just some loser. Rare just pulled a Super Mario Bros 2

Doki Doki Kazooie! :D

Looks sort of interesting; but yeah the balance of Banjo bashing baddies to some odd mix of Diddy Kong Racing and GTA is definitely leaning a bit too far towards the vehicle end. If the vehicle thing were one, maybe two "worlds" out of eight or nine that'd be okay, or if it were like a side quest type of thing that would work too.

• 3 weeks later...

The Banjo-Kazooie series were one of my faves on the Nintendo64. These games had one of the greatest mysteries behind them (a.k.a Stop N Swop) and the worlds were very well designed.

As for "Nuts & Bolts", I don't know what to say because...it's not traditional Banjo. I think people also don't understand that the game is referred to as a "Vehicle Platformer". Your not building vehicles to race them, but to accomplish certain tasks. I guess each part/piece of your vehicle is suppose to interact realistically with the physics engine, giving characters a number of unlimited ways to approach certain tasks.

Yeah, I'm probably going to label it as the worst Banjo game, but as a game itself...could be decent.

I do wish Nintendo had bought out all of Rare instead of Microsoft. This game would be a much bigger hit on Wii than 360. Viva Pinata probably would be too. And it would be easier to get Goldeneye on the VC, plus Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Wizards and Warriors, R.C. Pro-Am...but it is what it is.

• 5 months later...