8-bit Megaman Returns!

After 15 years the classic 8-bit Megaman finally make a return on WiiWare as Megaman 9! :Yahooo:

Confirmation came from Nintendo Power.

Obviously we won't be putting up scans of the article, but there are tiny ass caps floating around the internet where you can get an idea of how the game is going to look, through the pixilated mess that passes for a scan. ;)

Small hint, it looks like a NES game, sounds like a NES game, has cut scenes like the NES games and even has rain effects from a NES game. :D

I'm going to be all over this! I've been saying for years how much I miss the classic 8-bit qualities which the games in those days possessed, just look at the 8-bit Megaman in Megaman ZX Advent topic. :D

A bit more details:

Robot Masters:

Magma Man

Galaxy Man

Jewel Man

Concrete Man

Hornet Man

Plug Man

Tornado Man

Splash Woman

- Dr. Wily returns

- Story: Dr. Wily blames Dr. Light for robot master attacks

- various level hazards: lava, gravity-defying magnetic platforms, Mega Man clones

- attacks gained from Robot Masters: Galaxy Man’s Black Hole Bombs

- development handled by Inti Creates (Mega Man Zero, ZX, Battle Chip Challenge)

- controls: Wiimote NES style, just as you would expect it to be

- Rush returns

- 8-bit style was chosen to ‘please fans’

- 8-bit music

- 8-bit cut-scenes

- difficultly on-par with NES games

- return of classic enemies, as well as new ones

- Will Protoman be playable? “you’ll have to wait and see.”

- hopes in surpassing the quality of Mega Man 2

Much more can be found here.

Best news of the years so far! B)

That would be great.

I've just started playing Metroid Zero Mission and I'm loving it.

You know how it goes. You buy 150 games a year or more, play them for anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour with a couple exceptions and then you move on to the next batch.

Until one day, someone make this post and you remember just how many of these incredible games you have sitting in your cabinets, so you finally pick them up again and start thinking to yourself: "boy, I must be really dumb to not having played this years sooner even though they have been lying here all along". :D

• Retromags Curator
That would be great.

I've just started playing Metroid Zero Mission and I'm loving it.

You know how it goes. You buy 150 games a year or more, play them for anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour with a couple exceptions and then you move on to the next batch.

Until one day, someone make this post and you remember just how many of these incredible games you have sitting in your cabinets, so you finally pick them up again and start thinking to yourself: "boy, I must be really dumb to not having played this years sooner even though they have been lying here all along". :D

Motherbrain keeps kicking my ass, which is soo weird because I don't remember having this much trouble with her last time I played ZM. I keep falling off the platform into the acid. I got frustrated and now play Space Invaders Extreme. Kraid and ridley gave me no trouble at all, I lit them fuckers up with missles and they were DONE! I dont even think the end boss, Metal Ridley gave me any trouble, as he was weak as anything also.

Maybe I have to go back through the levels and collect some more Super Missles, I think I only have 6 right now.

I just beat Craid, so I still have quite a bit to go. The thing is now that I have a new job, my hours are all screwed up.

I used to work from 8AM-4PM, but now I have a 3 shift schedule which pays quite a bit more, but also has the downside of having to do a graveyard shift every 3 weeks.

So during some weeks I barely get anything done, play less games and don't have as much time to work on the scans. This mostly happens during the late shifts which I have right now as well as next week. :(

So I'll be going back to Zebes this Saturday. :D

That reminds me, I also have Metroid Fusion waiting for me. Played that one for less than an hour before something else came along, so I've got plenty to look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Lets pray, pray like hell it wont involve that stupid Megaman where everyone's on some sort of internet Tron land Pokemon World

That would be the Battle Network and Star Force series. They are on pretty much a completely different timeline from the Classic, X, Zero, ZX, and Legends timeline. In my opinion, they should permanently retire the Internet (BN/SF) timeline, and just stick with the Robotics (C/X/Z/ZX) timeline. The good news is that MM9 is on the Robotics timeline. That bad news is I hear they are making another game on the Internet timeline (MM Star Force 3).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gamewitzer, thanks for posting the cover art.

I think that just shows how much the developers "get" the appeal of retro and it bodes well for the quality of the game. I'm really excited for this one. I wish some of the other classic game series could get this same sort of treatment.