Greetings Everyone! I'm New Around Here.

AndrewDB

Greetings everyone! I'm new around these parts.

I'm an EGM Collector. I've been actively collecting them since last quarter 1989, and have almost every single issue.

I'm only missing issues #5, 7, 27-31, and 97.

EGMs.png

If you care to see my near mint copy of #1, I'll post it up in a future reply. :]

What brings me here is seeing people with a love of retro mags, and hopefully being able to locate the issues of EGM I'm missing.. so if any of you've got the issues I'm actively looking for, please, feel free to contact me and we can work out a payment deal if they're in good shape.

After I get them all collected, I plan to make a digital backup, if I can find a good scanner for cheap.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet everyone.

Edit: Sorry. I was so happy to find this place and introduce myself, I didn't see the new people thread. :(

Edited by AndrewDB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awww, you make me miss my oncie large video game magazine collection. It was by no means complete, but it did span from 89-98 and included Egm 1 and 2, GamePro, SwatPRO, Video Games Magazine, GamePlayers and many more. I eventually got rid of them all, I had no room and they were fairly heavy to deal with. Not to mentioni when I was young I did something stupid to them and duct taped them all together to pretend they all were one large mega video game magazine.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 28-31 of the ones you listed as needing, as to the condition, well, 28 and 29 have wear on the cover. You will see when I get them scanned. They are not in mint condition if that is what you are looking for.

Also, before I forget, welcome to the site. As far as a cheap scanner, keep an eye on your local electronics store like Best Buy or Staples if you have any of those type stores around. They are usually more than willing to sell off a model that is no longer the latest and greatest of whatever electronics. I have seen some really nice scanners go locally (Staples) for around $30 on clearance when just a month or two earlier they were closer to $200+.

You might want to do something about that shelf your mags are on, it does look like it is going to collapse, believe me, I have experience in having things collapse, the floor fell through where my mags were kept and lost about 170+ of them to the rain and mud.