Chrono Trigger Remake/port For The Ds

• 1 month later...

I own/have played (and beaten) both the SNES original and PS1 port. So I probably won't be picking this one up; but it'll be interesting to see/hear on the internet and from friends how they've tweaked and updated it for an 'enhanced port'. Like if they put in new abilities like they've done for the FF IV remake on the DS.

Didn't they 'upgrade' the PS1 version? I mean, didn't they add some artwork or something to it? I can't remember. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this game, too.

The PS1 port added a few anime FMV cutscenes, which you can probably find all of them on Youtube. The PS1 version, being CD based, also had load times for everything (even menus), which was quite disconcerting to fans of the original SNES instant-loading cartridge. Gameplay mechanics were unchanged from the SNES to PS1.

So far I've heard that CT for the DS will be more along the lines of the GBA ports of FFIV-FFVI - a little bonus stuff but no major 3D overhaul like the last couple DS ports. Chrono Trigger has pretty nice 2D sprite graphics anyway, and the game mechanics are already pretty solid. So, they don't really need to add much, in my opinion.

I probably won't pick this up since I've played it more times than I can remember, but it does seem like they're re-translating it. In one of the trailers they changed the name of Ayla or whatever to something else. I imagine there will be alot of differences from the SNES version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...