Sign in to follow this  
sav2880

90's Fanzines

I have a short stack of old fanzines, which, while they probably had a very limited distribution, might still be cool reads. I used to write for one of them named Video Game Monthly, and one is the old New Grounds ... not the web site, but a fanzine made by Tom Fulp, owner of newgrounds.com, as a Neo Geo publication (that's the one which the most "wow" factor to it). They're all black and white, and might make for an interesting diversion over a big name magazine.

Should I start to scan and upload these somewhere?

These are buried in my packed up stuff right now, but I can get 'em out quick if need be

Guest 420
I have a short stack of old fanzines, which, while they probably had a very limited distribution, might still be cool reads. I used to write for one of them named Video Game Monthly, and one is the old New Grounds ... not the web site, but a fanzine made by Tom Fulp, owner of newgrounds.com, as a Neo Geo publication (that's the one which the most "wow" factor to it). They're all black and white, and might make for an interesting diversion over a big name magazine.

Should I start to scan and upload these somewhere?

These are buried in my packed up stuff right now, but I can get 'em out quick if need be

Sounds like good stuff to me :D

Fanzines are more important even than the mainstream mags that are being scanned and released here! Since they do have a limited release and aren't always in enough hands, they should be treated as "rare" and those people who have any kind of fanzine that frequent here should definitely find a way to get them scanned for preservation.

It's easier to find mags for sale on auction sites, but I doubt you'd find a retro-fanzine for sale anywhere.

Very true, and I bet some of these fanzines, including the one I wrote for at the spry age of 13 probably had readerships around 100, only a lucky few had more then that I bet.