(resolved) Why The Download Manager Is Offline....

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Dear Retromags Members,

A few of you were having trouble with downloading from the Download Manager. At first I thought it may have been a problem with your browsers or ISP. Anyways to make a long story short....I found out that many of you guys were signing in with 1 IP, and reporting another to the IDM. This was causing many of you to get corrupt downloads, I immediately contacted the software developers of this forum software.....and also the tech support of my hosting company. Below is the explanation from my hosting company...

Hello sir,

It appears that the server that your site is hosted on was under attack for a significant period of time, starting on the 8th. As part of the measures to maintain the accessibility of the server it was placed behind a special proxy firewall. When the problem with the attacks has been fully investigated and resolved, the machine will be placed back "into the wild". Sorry for the confusion that it has caused.

-Jason

If there is anything further that I can help you with, please let me know.

Jason Smith

Server Admin

Hostgator.com

Once this has been resolved I will bring the IDM software back up, Otherwise It will just continue to corrupt your downloads.

• Retromags Curator
Well that explains a lot actually.

Good to hear they are working hard on a solution.

Too bad no one can see the download manager either, as they would have at least have been able to download from the RS links.

Well, I only closed it so that people would not waste there bandwidth trying to download. Honestly I only expect it to be a day or two, but I am confused.....Chow started reporting problems back on July 2nd, and they are saying the problem started on the 8th

• Retromags Curator

Newest Reply for Tech Support.....

Hello,

The server may have been on the guard at that time also. When the server is on the guard all the traffic is filtered through the guards ip addresses. So the ip addresses that are hitting the server are actually the guards ips. That is what causes those ips to show up in the logs and the forum.

The new login screen is a new feature of cpanel to allow people to login if the cpanel ports are being blocked from the network they are using. That was a new feature pushed out in cpanel's automatic updates.

Regards,

Cody S.

HostGator Support