Nintendo E3 Conference Stream

I saw this message just after the intro. There's a mom touting games (blatantly trying to expand the demographic much?).

Lol, that's the executive Vice President of sales and marketing of Nintendo USA. :lol:

That being said, the conference wasn't anything special.

They concentrated on 3rd parties as well as the broadening of the gaming public, so the best thing that were shown were Animal Crossing, Wii Sports Resort along with the new controller which finally gives the Wiimore full awareness of where it is in 3D space. Something which will no doubt result is some very interesting new games.

And Wii Music, which looks like fun, but I'm not into music games.

Funny how fanboys on all boards are going: screw you Nintendo, you have stabbed me in the back one to many times!!!! è!é(§è&

I'm going to Sony/Microsoft!!!"çéè!é

:lol:

Like these are the only games coming out for the Nintendo systems...

It's easy to see the presentation was put together for things like CNN and such to be able to pick up and do a segment about.

We'll get our new games, perhaps even sooner then we think. :)

Not a very interesting conference for me but I see what Nintendo is doing. The whole conference was planned with the mainstream media in mind. This should have been expected, they did something similar last year and in addition to that they have since made it clear that they are no longer going to announce games as far ahead of their release dates as they used to.

Still, I expected at least one more new game to be announced... They're supposed to be having an additional private conference in a little while, so maybe something will be announced there - you know, smash brothers style.

Not a very interesting conference for me but I see what Nintendo is doing. The whole conference was planned with the mainstream media in mind. This should have been expected, they did something similar last year and in addition to that they have since made it clear that they are no longer going to announce games as far ahead of their release dates as they used to.

Still, I expected at least one more new game to be announced... They're supposed to be having an additional private conference in a little while, so maybe something will be announced there - you know, smash brothers style.

Indeed.

Oh and about that private conference:

7:35 Miyamoto and Yeguchi address a question about "core gamers" and whether or not these games will appeal to them. In a nutshell, they respond that they hope anyone will enjoy these games, and that a "core gamer" is someone that enjoys games, regardless of genre, as long as they're good. "We're making Pikmin."

:lol:

Heh, I like gamespot's version:

[7:37] "So when it's time to announce such a title, I'll announce it. So please look forward to it."

Hopefully it's soo-

[7:38] He adds, "We're making Pikmin."

Miyamoto tried so hard - we just barely got that confirmation :lol:

Kind of annoying how they release yet another $30 addon which is going to further fragment the userbase. Wii was supposed to deliver true 1:1 motion from day one but only now 2 years later do we get it. I'll hold off and see what games support this though again it is going to seriously fragment the userbase as not everyone is going to buy this so now games have to be designed with 2 controllers in mind

Kind of annoying how they release yet another $30 addon which is going to further fragment the userbase. Wii was supposed to deliver true 1:1 motion from day one but only now 2 years later do we get it. I'll hold off and see what games support this though again it is going to seriously fragment the userbase as not everyone is going to buy this so now games have to be designed with 2 controllers in mind

Remember that a couple of years ago it just wasn't feasible to put 1:1 motion-sensing into a relatively cheap controller like the Wiimote.

Just look at the PS3 controller. They tried to one-up Nintendo and yet also didn't have 1:1.

As times change, technology gets refined and becomes affordable to be put into mass market products.

Also the add-on comes packed in with Wii Sports 2, and who isn't gonna buy that. :D

The only places I've read about it costing $30 is at message boards. As far as I know no official source has gone on the record about the price.

Right now it's all just rumor mongering.

Just to expand on the point.

Taken from somewhere else:

"http://www.invensense.com/index.html

"Press Release

June 26, 2007

InvenSense’s Patented MEMS Fabrication Process Meets

High Volume and Low-Cost Consumer Market Requirements

New Fabrication Technology Brings Next Generation MEMS Gyroscopes and

Inertial Sensors to Market with Greater than 10X Reduction in Cost"

"INVENSENSE™ IDG-600 MOTION SENSING SOLUTION SHOWCASED IN NINTENDO'S NEW Wii MotionPlus ACCESSORY

InvenSense has introduced an entirely new class of high performance silicon-based MEMS rate gyroscopes that offers smaller package sizes, lower power consumption, and lower price points suitable for consumer markets."

The type of gyroscope that Nintendo needed for this didn't exist at launch. Not only didn't it exist but what did exist was 10X as expensive and used a lot of power, (anecdotes say that the motion plus prototype still only gets 9 hours from 2 AA's). So honestly would you rather they released $150 dollar controllers (and a $400 dollar console) that were bulky and consumed lots of power, or waited until the tech caught up to our (unrealistic) dreams. Oh and don't forget increased shortages of controllers and consoles due to the inability to produce in high enough volumes."