Its My Birthday!

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Its Phillyman's 29th Birthday!

birthdaycakecustomsi5.jpg

So in celebration of it being my Birthday, we have a few things going on!

1) To bring some life to the forums, Every new topic you create on this forum from Thursday to Sunday will qualify you for 2 weeks as a Premium Member! Just make sure you put some thought into your topics, I have dispatched evil monkeys to delete any silly topics such as "Whats Everyones Favorite Color?". Does not apply to replying to topics.

2) The ENTIRE Retromags collection of magazines (over 400!) has been uploaded to Mininova (Click!) and now to [censor bypass]

3) Lifetime Premium Memberships are dropping to $5 until Sunday at 11:59PM (USA EAST)

4) Free cake for everyone! *

*(being gamers you guys should all know the cake is a lie!)

Happy Birthday Philly! :D

Just remember to enjoy the coming year and make the most of is, because once you hit 30 it all downhill from there.

J/K :P

Does that mean that since I am an editor I am a premium member, or can I still try and purchase one?

Being an editor or a scanner means also that you're automatically promoted to premium member, so don't worry. ;)

• Retromags Curator

It's just like I said here: anti-climactic :P. At least for me. I'm already a lifetime member, so 1) and 3) do me no good. And I am not interested in having all 400+ magazines on here, so 2) does nothing for me either. And the cake...well, that I have to get myself, and it won't be free :P

But for other novice members, it's a good treat. Good thing my hopes were not up! :D

Happy birthday, slapnuts.

I had no idea so many of us were so close in age. My three-oh is this November. You know it's really odd even thinking I'm going to be 30. I really feel more like a teen-ager still. Except for the part of having a kid and being married (well I guess that can all happen when your still a teen).

• Retromags Curator
I had no idea so many of us were so close in age. My three-oh is this November. You know it's really odd even thinking I'm going to be 30. I really feel more like a teen-ager still. Except for the part of having a kid and being married (well I guess that can all happen when your still a teen).

I know the feeling, it feels like yesterday I graduated HS. As a matter of fact, I have this recurring nightmare that I am in my senior year and failing my last semester. I have no clue why I keep having that dream, but I am soo glad when I wake up and realize HS was 10 years ago :lol:

Hope you had a good birthday pal. I can't thank you enough for all of the hard work, I'm having some laughs at the "rad" ads from the early NPs . I'll try to seed the release as much as possible on [censor bypass], of course before Comcrap throttles my connection.......

Strangely enough, before my other computer started having problems, I swear I was seeding almost constantly, and yet I never noticed any bandwidth cuts from my ISP. Does DSL not get throttled as commonly as cable internet service?

Yeah, it's only Comcast's Cable internet that gets throttled, DSL doesn't. I know people who have Verizon DSL and no complaints, but then again, they probably don't BT as often as me.

If my town would get rid of a pointless bylaw that prohibits Verizon FiOS from installing new fiber-optic lines without paying rent on the wires, then I'd certainly switch to Verizon. You'd think that in the very technologically advanced part of the country I live in (eastern Massachusetts), that we don't live by the good ol' boy system, but we do. Even when it's the same town that the NE Patriots play in.........